12/13/2014

New Elf Bits

 I had an e-mail from elf a few days ago to say that they had free postage for 1 day only for part of their online advent calendar.  Obviously I took full advantage of this and picked up a few bits and bobs that caught my eye.
 The first 2 things I got were the Long-Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadows in the shade Toast and Festive.  The formula of these are quite odd, they are almost bouncy and I would say they were a sort of powdery mousey formula rather than the gel they claim to be.  The shade 'Toast' is a cool toned bronzy gold colour with slight glitter running through. This is the perfect colour for wearing all year round and I can see myself getting a lot of use out of this.  The second colour, 'Festive' is a beautiful deep plum with again, a glitter running through it.  I think this would be perfect for a christmas smokey eye as the name would suggest, and I am looking forward to this encouraging me to be a bit more adventurous where colours are concerned and experiment with come purpley shades.
 Top: Toast Bottom: Festive
Top: Back to Basics Bottom: Brownie Points
 The next 2 are the Smudge Pots in the shades 'Back to Basics' and 'Brownie Points'. Back to basics is a light bronze/gold colour with a subtle hint of copper, giving it a warm tone. Brownie points is a deep, warm copper which I can imagine would create a really beautiful copper smokey eye. I can see myself using these as bases or just to throw on for lazy days and I think they would work well together as well.  I have heard that these are good dupes for the Mac Paint pots, and on first inspection, they do seem to be easily comparable! They are very creamy but not too slippery which suggests that they would be quite long lasting, and they also provide great colour pay off.
Left to Right: Brownie Points, Back to Basics, Festive and Toast

All in all, I am rather pleased with my purchases and I am looking forward to having a play around with them. I am sure these will be reviewed and featured in various other posts in the future and I can really see them being added to my ever-growing list of favourites!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment