12/29/2014

Best Discoveries of 2014 | Face & Base

Welcome to the first post in this weeks little series 'Best Discoveries of 2014'! Today I will be giving you the lowdown of my favourite face and base products of 2014, as the title of this post would suggest!

Starting off with bases, the first product I discovered back in the summer and it is the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream (full review here).  This is probably one of the most versatile base products I own, it can be worn in so many different ways! You can wear it under foundation as a primer to boost coverage and even everything out before you apply your foundation, or you can wear it on its own.  It offers quite a good coverage for a product that is so light and liquidy in consistency and a thin layer will pretty much cover and cancel out all of your problems! It can also be built up in certain areas where more coverage is needed and there is no cakeyness in site! It is a perfect base for naturally flawless and radiant looking skin and I would recommend it to anyone, regardless of skin type. My absolute favourite foundation of this year, and I think all time has to be the MAC Studio Fix Fluid.  This is the perfect finish for my skin, matte enough to control oil but has enough moisture in it to prevent dry and flaky skin, and also leave a subtle amount of radiance to the skin.  This is a pretty full coverage product without being cakey and can double up as a medium coverage concealer.  It can be built up even more to create a really full coverage if that is what you enjoy.  Mine is on its last legs so I will definitely be repurchasing this soon!

Onto concealer, there was really only one that stood out to me when I was thinking about what I wanted to include in this post and that has to be the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer which I'm sure will come as no surprise to you.  I won't ramble on too much as I'm sure you're sick of hearing about this legendary product, but it seriously is worth the hype and has been really the only concealer I have used all of this year.  I think I am on tube number 5 now, and no matter what concealer I try, I always find myself going back to this one.

Another product that will come as no surprise to you, the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder has been the only powder I have used this year! I have gone through about 7 of these since I discovered it last year and I have never felt the need to use anything else! I love how it blurs out pores and imperfections and keeps foundation looking flawless all day long.  For £3.99, you can't really go wrong!

Onto bronzer which is another cult product, the Nars Laguna Bronzing Powder is what I like to call my 'Princess Bronzer' because it is so damn expensive! Putting the price tag aside (which is enough to make a saint swear) it is honestly just the perfect bronzer.  It gives the right amount of colour pay off to be used as a subtle bronzed look or can be built up to create quite a dramatic contour. I use it to subtly define the contours of my face and stop me looking so pale! If you don't mind spending £27 *gasps* on a bronzer, I would definitely recommend this to anyone regardless of skin tone, as it is quite a universal shade.

I have 2 blush favourites, the first being the Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blush in the shade 'Cherub' (full review here) which seems to be the only thing I talked about through the Spring and Summer months! The formula is amazing, the colour is amazing along with the overall shade range, application is easy, it is really a good all rounder! Not to mention the fact that it is multi-purpose and can also double up as a lip-stain! Cool eh? It is also in the FeelUnique sale for only £13.05 so if you are interested, I would definitely be quick before the bargain is gone! The other blush is another that you have probably heard me talk about before, the NYX Powder Blush in the shade 'Desert Rose' is the most perfect shade for a natural flush of colour and has not left my face since my Makeup Revolution ultra blush palter came along last month!

The last product is my holy grail highlight, and that is obviously the Mac Soft and Gentle MSF. This has been my holy grail highlight all year, it is such a gorgeous shimmery champagne colour without a huge amount of glitter so you glow rather than looking like a disco ball.  Its domed shape means that a lot of product is packed into its classic mac packaging, I have been using this for over a year on a daily basis and I haven't even made the slightest dent in this fantastic product.  It may seem expensive but for how much you get, and the quality of the product, it is definitely worth it! It will keep you glowing for years!

Those are my absolute favourite face&base discoveries of 2014, what are yours?

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment