12/27/2014

December Favourites 2014


Can you believe this will be my last favourites post of 2014? I can't! I know everyone says this, but this year real has gone crazily fast!

Surprisingly, I haven't really got that many favourites this month! Everything I have bought recently, i am still in the process of trying out so hopefully next months will be jam packed, especially with all the beauty items I have ordered in the boxing day sales which are currently on their way to me!

The first thing is the No7 Complete Cleansing Kit which sadly, is no longer available in boots but all items are sold separately.  I briefly reviewed each of the products in here in my Last Minute Gift Ideas for the Beauty Obsessive post. This kit comes with the No7 Beautiful Cleansing Brush which is phenomenal, the No7 Beautiful Skin Melting Gel Cleanser which I haven't really made my mind up about yet and last but not least the No7 Beautiful Skin Night Cream which I love and has really helped to minimise dry and flaky patches.  I won't go into too much detail as I have already rambled on about this before, but I have really enjoyed using this set this past month and it has made cleansing seem less of a chore!

My next favourites are cream eyeshadows.  This month, I have admittedly been quite lazy with makeup.  With the cold winter mornings, I would much rather spend longer tucked up in my bed, all nice and warm than get up earlier just to do my makeup.  I love that you can just throw on a cream shadow, blend the edges and you are good to go.  It looks so put together and flawless and takes less than a minute to slap on.  My first favourite has been the Mac Paint Pot in 'Bare Study', a light gold with a hint of champagne which provides a light shimmer across the lid which can be worn alone or as a base for other shadows to boost longevity.  It is such a pretty shade and can be built up a lot to create an intense gold look.  The formula of these is also amazing as I would expect from Mac, creamy and soft, gliding on smoothly and blending well and also lasting all day without a crease in sight! To rival the Mac ones that have the hefty price tag of £15.50, the  Elf Smudge Pots come in at the ridiculously affordable price of £2.95, meaning you could but 5 for the price of 1 Mac one and still have some loose change! I wasn't expecting a lot from these as cream shadows are often hard to nail for budget brands, but these really blew me away! The pigmentation is mental and they have a very similar formula to the mac ones.  They blend smoothly and once they are set, they aren't going anywhere! I definitely prefer these to the Maybelline Color tattoos and will definitely be purchasing more of these in the future.

The next favourite is the Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Bronzer in the shade 'Golden Days'.  I really didn't think I would like this, the idea of a shimmery bronzer scared me a little and I was a little hesitant to put this anywhere near my face for fear of looking like an orange disco ball. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by this and I'm glad that I gave it a chance.  It is such a natural looking bronzer, subtly defining the contours of my face whilst adding a very subtle bronzed glow to the skin.  It is a very light brown which isn't too warm toned so it is perfect for pale skinned, and I also think this would be a beautiful setting powder for someone that is a little more tanned. I may try this in the summer when I will hopefully have a bit more colour in my skin!

The last makeup item is the Maybelline Color Drama Velvet Lip Pencil in the shade 'Nude Perfection'.  You have heard me ramble on about these before and I love the formula sooooooo much! This particular shade is very similar to the infamous Velvet Teddy from Mac at just a fraction of the price.  I have worn this pretty much every day this month, either alone or with a bit of the Tanya Burr lipgloss in 'Chic' over the top. This is the perfect matte nude for all skin tones and is perfect for achieving the Kylie Jenner lip.

The final product is the LancĂ´me La Vie Est Belle Eau De Toilette.  This is something that has been on my wish list ever since I smelt it and I finally got it for my birthday at the beginning of the month! I'm not going to attempt to describe the smell because I am hopeless at that, but it is such a classy and sophisticated fragrance that would suit most people and I am obsessed with it! I get so many compliments on it as well, definitely worth the splurge!

Next week will be the start of my 'Best of 2014' posts, I have split into categories for separate posts because there are so many, which means the blogmas will continue throughout the first week of 2015!

What have your favourites been this month?

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment