2/18/2015

Empties #3 - The Makeup Edit

I haven't done an empties post in quite a while, and to be honest, they are a rare occurrence as I hardly ever finish products! You know a product is seriously good if I use up the whole thing before I move on to something else!

Starting with base products, the first product I have used up is the Mac Studio Fix Fluid.  This has been my holy grail foundation ever since I got it, it is one of the only foundations that will last on my oily skin, the coverage is medium/full without being cakey and it doesn't cling to dry patches.  I am scraping every last scrap of it out and I may think about repurchasing, but I would like to try Estée Lauder Double Wear and Revlon Colorstay to see how they fair first.  If they don't live up to Studio Fix Fluid's standards, I will certainly be repurchasing!
The next is no surprise, I go through the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer like there is no tomorrow! I probably use too much, a lot more than I really need, but I love it so much that I just feel the need to plaster my face in it! It runs out far too quickly!
The next product is the Benefit Stay Don't Stray Primer.  Now, this technically isn't empty but it has gone all watery and separates into flakes and is just unusable.  I did get plenty of use out of this, and it really did helped to keep my eyeshadows on for as long as possible.
I have 4 eye products that are either finished or unusable. Two of my favourite mascaras, Rimmel Lash Accelerator and the Clinque Bottom Lash Mascara have dried right out and do nothing for my lashes any more.  I would definitely repurchase these as these were 2 of my absolute favourites not too long ago and I really love the results I get from these products. I have also come to the end of my favourite eyeliner, the Rimmel Glameyes Liquid Eyeliner.  I love this eyeliner, it has a very fine brush so it is very easy to use, and the formula is brilliant for such an affordable product.  I am trying out a few different eyeliners at the moment, but I will be repurchasing this if I am unable to find another holy grail.  The last product seems to have snuck into the makeup section of this post, even though it is technically skin care! I have gone through yet another of the Benefit It's Potent Eye Cream samples, which still remains to be my favourite eye cream as it helps to diminish dark circles and keep everything around my eyes hydrated.

I will be doing a skincare edit very soon, as I tend to finish skincare products quicker than makeup! Expect that within the next month or so once I feel I have collected enough products to dedicate an entire post to!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment