7/30/2014

July Favourites ❤

It literally seems like yesterday that I was writing my June favourites, and here I am writing my July favourites! This year is going waaayyyyy to fast! 

When I sat down to think about what I was going to include in my July favourites, my mind was pretty much blank and only a few things sprung to mind so it is going to be a pretty short one this month.

The first product is the Barry M Natural Glow Eye Shadow and Blusher Palette.  As I have mentioned before, it was my little sisters prom this month and my mum put me in charge of hair and makeup.  My sister is tanned all year round and has a completely different skin tone to me so I couldn't use any of my foundations on her as they are all ridiculously pale.  As I was rifling through her makeup to find a base that matched her skin, I spotted this and sort of took ownership of it.  I have used this every day since I "borrowed" it and for the price, it is amazing.  It has 6 shadows that are all dupes from the 3 Urban Decay Naked Palettes and a baby pink blush that is slightly iridescent and adds a lovely glow to the cheeks. I definitely recommend this palette!

The next is an oldie but a goodie.  Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle was my first ever highlighter and I absolutely loved it.  I stopped using it for quite a while because I was constantly trying different products and it was a bit neglected.  I spotted it in my drawer a few weeks ago and started to use it again.  I have definitely rekindled my love for this product and I don't know why I ever stopped using it!  I love that this is multi-purpose and I can use it as an eyeshadow as well.  Although this is expensive, you get a lot for your money.  I have had this since my birthday at the beginning of december and used it every day until May and every day in July and I haven't even made a dent!

Next up is a product that I mentioned in my Drugstore Haul that went up on Monday and it is the Revlon Lacquer Balm in the shade Coquette.  The hype surrounding these balms was phenomenal and I finally caved in and bought one!  I have worn this most days since I got it and it is the perfect hot pink.  It is very glossy, all day and the formula is just amazing.  The only thing I have a slight problem with is that it has quite chunky glitters in, so if you don't  like glitter, I would avoid this but its not overly noticeable on the lips.

The last beauty favourite is bright nails.  Seeing as I have no school, I can paint my nails whenever I please and I have been loving bright and vibrant summery colours.  My current favourites are the Barry M Gelly Nail Paints in the shades kiwi, green berry and pink punch.  I tweeted a picture of the colour I am currently wearing which is Pink Punch, so if you are interested, have a look at my twitter (@L1ttleEm - Give me a follow!).

The last two are accessories.  I finally got my Ted Baker Crystal Bow Bobble Matinee Purse and it is absolutely amazing.  I can fit everything I need to in it and it looks so classy and sophisticated!  The last thing is the Claire's White Lace Hair Bow.  I have worn this so much this month and you can wear this in so many different ways and it is so pretty and girly!

That is it for this month, short and sweet!  I am trying out a lot of new products at the moment so there should hopefully be a jam-packed favourites post next month!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment