7/28/2014

Drugstore Beauty Haul ❤

If I'm ever not at home drinking tea and shopping online, you can usually find me loitering around boots with swatches covering both arms and a basket full of goodies.
This haul is mostly products from boots with a few Primark items that are amazing quality and cheap as chips!

 I had a slight heart attack when I came across the Yes To section, never have I been so excited by skincare! I had heard so much about the brand from American Youtubers and Bloggers and was desperate to try them! I wasn't actually aware that they had come to the UK until I watched Vivianna Does Makeup's Drugstore Haul.  I didn't actually realise how pricey the brand was, most of the products are over £10 apart from the two I picked up.  I got the Yes to Grapefruit Brightening Facial Wipes which are supposed to cleanse, exfoliate and brighten.  The reviews on the boots website are pretty poor but I wanted to try them for myself.  I have only used these twice so I don't really have a proper opinion on them, on first impressions, I definitely wouldn't recommend them to anyone with sensitive skin because they are quite harsh and so make my skin sting.  I also got the Yes to Tomatoes Daily Clarifying Cleanser.  This range is specially made for people with combination skin so I was immediately drawn to it.  Again, I have only used this a few times but on first impressions, I would definitely recommend them to those of you that have a problem with controlling oil and blemishes because my skin has been a lot less oily since using this and is a lot more balanced.  I also think it may be clearing up my skin a bit and it looks a lot more healthy.
I might do a whole post on this brand when I try a few more products because I think it is quite an interesting brand and I would like to try a lot more from them.
 Every time I go into Primark, I have to pick up a pack of their false nails without fail.  For £1, I think they are absolutely amazing and I can't get enough of them.  I usually just pick up the french manicure ones but this time I decided to go for something a little bit more colourful, so I opted for these turquoise ones and I absolutely love them!
 I have been wanting to try the Revlon Balms but had never got round to trying them and was unsure on what shades I wanted to get.  I opted for the Lacquer Balm in the shade Coquette.  It's a very vibrant, glossy pink and I have worn it most days since I got it.  In the clearance section I picked up the next 2 items.  I got the L'oreal Colour Appeal Eye Shadow in the shade Golden Rose which is a stunning glittery gold shadow with a hint of pink and it only cost me £2!  I have used this quite a few times since I bought it and I love it!  The next thing is the Seventeen Eye eye Crayon in the shade molten metal which is very similar to maybelline's on and on bronze colour tattoo. I am still yet to try this!
 I picked up a few eye bits from Rimmel as I love their products! I got the Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara which I'm a little disappointed in if I'm honest.  I tried this because I absolutely love the original Lash Accelerator and I thought this was going to be just as good if not better but I think it is too thick and clumpy for me.  It has a strange mousey texture and it makes my eyelashes look really thick and it clumps up very easily.  I think I may have to try this out a bit more and see what I can do with it.  I also picked up the Rimmel Undercover Shadow Primer because I ran out of my urban decay sample and wasn't willing to part with £11.  It's not the best but it does the job and I can make do with this until I can repurchase my Urban Decay one.  Lastly I got the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Liner in the shade black because I needed a new black pencil and I absolutely love the nude version of this particular one so I thought I would give it a go! I really like this and I think it is easily comparable to some higher end liners and it only cost me £3.99.


In Superdrug, I picked up a few more of my favourite nail polishes, the Barry m Gelly Nail Polishes in the shades Pink Punch, Kiwi and GreenBerry.  I absolutely love these and these shades are perfect for summer!


The last few bits are from Primark.  I picked up 2 of their makeup brushes, a stippling brush for £1.50 and a kabuki brush for £2.  These are amazing quality for the price and are easily comparable to Real Techniques for just a fraction of the price.  I also picked up a pair of their exfoliating gloves for £1 which I can use before I fake tan and also to remove it and stop it going patchy!

That is it for my rather large haul, feel free to share any beauty bits you have recently picked up with me and let me know what you think of them!

Emily xx


No comments:

Post a Comment