7/20/2014

The Best Of: Rimmel London ❤

I'm going to be starting a little series on my blog called 'The Best Of' where I pick my top products from a particular brand or item of makeup.

I thought I'd start this series off with one of my favourite brands, Rimmel.  This brand offers amazing products at amazing prices and could easily rival some high end companies when it comes to quality.

I've been using Rimmel products ever since I started wearing makeup and these are my absolute favourites!


They have a wide range of base offerings, my particular favourite being the Match Perfection Foundation.  It is the only drugstore foundation that has a shade pale enough for my ghostly complexion, it gives the perfect amount of coverage and makes my skin look healthy, flawless and slightly dewy.  To set this, I use my trusty Stay Matte Pressed Powder.  This is probably one of the most raved about powders in the beauty community and it definitely lives up to the hype.  I have gone through 4 of these, nearly 5 and no matter how many powders I try, I always find myself going back to this.  It keeps my skin matte all day and controls oil, blurs pores and imperfections and keeps my skin looking flawless all day long.

Most people know them for their outstanding lip offerings.  My personal favourites are their Colour Rush Balms and their Apocalips Lip Lacquers.  The balms have an amazing moisturising formula and come in a wide range of colours to suit everyone.  For a balm, they are surprisingly pigmented but can be easily sheered out or built up to create an intense colour.  The lip lacquers have phenomenal pigmentation and are hybrids between a lipstick and a lipgloss.  Again, they come in an amazing range of colours, from nudes to brights and there is a colour for everybody.

They don't disappoint on the eye front, making some of my holy grail eyeliners and mascaras.  Their Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliners are by far the best I have ever tried.  They are creamy, pigmented and have amazing lasting power that could easily rival the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils.  I had their Glameyes Liquid Liner for Christmas and it is the only liquid liner I have used all year.  I will definitely be repurchasing this as it lasts all day, is easy to apply and is ridiculously cheap.  I have raved about their Lash Accelerator Mascara numerous times and it still remains my favourite mascara and is one that I will definitely be repurchasing! I also love their Day 2 Night Mascara because it is so versatile and you are pretty much getting 2 mascaras in 1 because each wand is so different and they do such different things.

Those are my top Rimmel products, what are yours?

I hope you enjoyed this and let me know if you would like to see more of these in the future!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment