7/14/2014

Products I've Been Trying Out / Mini Reviews #1 ❤

Today I thought I'd share with you some of the products I have been trying out recently and what I think of them instead of doing a full review on each and every one of them.

The first product is the Rimmel Sun Shimmer Instant Tan in Light Matte.  I have been looking for a decent fake tan that gives a good colour, looks natural, doesn't go patchy or streaky and doesn't break the bank.  As mentioned in my June Favourites,  it ticks all of these boxes and I would definitely recommend this!

Next up is the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation.  Again as mentioned in my June Favourites,  this is an amazing foundation at an amazing price.  I got it reduced at £4.98 and although it doesn't steal the holy grail spot from my Bourjois Healthy Mix, this is a very good foundation and isn't far away.  It has light/medium build able coverage, looks natural, doesn't cake up and is the perfect mix of matte and medium.  The colour range of this foundation is amazing too and there is definitely a colour to suit everyone.

The next thing is the Batiste Dry Shampoos.  I have used their coloured one before and I thought I would try the original ones.  I mentioned the fresh scent in my favourites and am yet to try the blush one.  I am quite impressed with these as they give my hair a lot of volume and absorb oil really well, however, they turn my roots quite grey and are very hard to brush out and work in.

The next thing is probably one of the most raved about products in the skincare world and its the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo (+).  I am unsure on this product.  I have been using it for around 2 weeks now and I have not really noticed anything change in my skin.  I have quite oily, blemish prone skin and suffer from a lot of blackheads.  I noticed a slight difference in my forehead after about a week of use but it was nothing really to speak of and I was expecting such wonderful things!  It just seems to have broken me out which I know always happens because it is drawing out all the dirt from my pores but I don't know whether its because I haven't used it for long enough or it just isn't the product for me.  If you have tried this product, let me know roughly how long you used it for before you noticed results.

A little bit of a disappointment was the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer.  I got 2 samples of this from sampleyes and because of the price tag, I was expecting something special.  I hated the texture of it because it felt very plastic and heavy and slightly greasy.  I felt very heavy on my skin and made my skin feel clogged and like it couldn't breathe.  My foundation didn't really sit right on it and it didn't do anything for the longevity, in fact, I think it shortened the wearing time of my foundation.  I don't know whether it is because it didn't like my skin or whether this is just a rubbish primer so if you have used this product, let me know what you think and what you recommend for me to do with it to make it work better!

The last product is the Tea Tree Facial Wipes.  I picked these up on a whim and I quite like them.  I don't use them to remove my makeup but I use them to help clear up my skin and they feel nice and cool on hot summer days when you feel all hot, sweaty and gross.  For a £1 for 2 packs, this is definitely something to look out for, I found mine in asda but I have linked something similar from boots if you would like to order them online.

I am going to do these posts more often because that way I can share my thoughts about products I am trying with you, without boring you with long endless reviews!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment