8/26/2015

Dupe Alert - Rimmel and Yves Saint Laurent




These are so similar I forgot which swatch was which......should've written it down!

The second I laid eyes on the YSL Rouge Pur Couture in 'Le Orange' I immediately thought of a Rimmel offering that I already have in my collection.  The product in question being the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 'In Love with Ginger'. Obviously, being a typical beauty blogger I had to compare swatches and formulas and write an in-depth post on the similarities for you!

To cut a long story short, they are pretty much exactly the same! The colour is pretty much identical as you can see from the swatches above (I can't even tell them apart!).  The formula's are also fairly similar! They are both quite slippery because they are so moisturising, which means neither are particularly long lasting on the lips and can be quite high maintenance.  I find the YSL one is slightly more of a satin finish and does last slightly longer but for the price difference, its really nothing to speak of. The both glide on smoothly and keep your lips hydrated, whilst also packing in a huge amount of pigment to leave you a beautifully bold statement lip that looks good all year round, especially summer!

If you have any other ysl dupes, then do let me know so I can check them out!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment