8/07/2015

Makeup Revolution Haul









If I'm being completely honest, I think it was the rose gold packaging that drew me in here.  You may have seen my tweet about how pleased I was to find a Makeup Revolution Counter in a random Superdrug that I happened to find myself in over the weekend. I originally went in for a Gosh Eyeshadow pencil which will be in my other haul next Wednesday, but ended up leaving with 4 Makeup Revolution Products as well....oops.  My excuse is that I'm on holiday so I should treat myself! I'm going to stop trying to convince myself that it was an acceptable thing to do and get on with the haul haha!

The first product that I picked up the second I saw it was the Radiance Palette. I had heard that this was a dupe of the extremely popular Ambient Lighting Palette by Hourglass for just a tiny percentage of the price. I was so excited to try this and I don't think I am at all disappointed.  I sweep the first shade all over the face lightly with a duo fibre brush from real techniques and I use the light and dark shade as a highlight and subtle bronze.  The darkest shade seems to be a little too radiant as a bronzer and I find it can look odd so it may be better suited for darker skin tones. I love the formula of these powders, they aren't massively pigmented so you don't look ridiculously shiny and they give you a very subtle, natural glow which I really like.  The only issue I would say is that it can make problem areas stand out a bit more in which case this wouldn't be a good product for someone with more problematic skin, I can just about get away with it on good skin days.

The next product is their blush in the shade 'Love'. I picked this up randomly because I don't own a nude coloured blush so this really caught my eye. I dropped it in the shop and didn't realise that it had cracked until I got it home, however it is still useable. It has the right amount of pigment in that you can't over do it but it is still fairly noticeable and can easily be built up. It is the perfect neutral colour to wear on the daily and it goes with pretty much everything. I aimed to use it for bold makeup looks where I wanted the cheeks to be fairly understated but I've been using it with minimal makeup looks too and it works perfectly.  My only issue would be the rubbish packaging, but to be fair I can't expect much more for £1!

Next I decided to try the Focus & Fix Eye Primer in Original. I don't actually own an eye primer at the moment that I like so I thought I would give this one a go. I've used it a few times so far so I haven't really tried it enough to give a solid review, however the shade means that all darkness and veins are covered to create a flawless base for eyeshadow which is amazing, but I haven't really noticed my eyeshadow grip to it and stick around longer before it creases. I think some more experimentation is needed with this one.

Lastly I picked up the Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquer in the shade 'Keep Trying For You'. I am yet to find a liquid lipstick that I like as the MUA ones just weren't up to scratch so I thought I would give these a go to see how they compare. I am yet to use this so I will update you in a full review that will be up in the future so keep your eye out for that if this is a product that you are interested in.

That concludes my Makeup Revolution Haul! I will be back on Monday with a Wilkinsons haul featuring products from Essence and their own skincare brand that goes by the name 'Kiss x'. Let me know if you have tried any of these products and let me know what you think!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment