5/01/2015

Milani Baked Blush | First Impressions







I'm sure most of you have heard of this product as it is extremely hyped up by vloggers/bloggers from across the pond.  I snapped this little baby up on eBay as I am going through a bit of a 'baked blush obsessed' phase.  I will be doing a post on my favourites very soon, but I wanted to take the time to focus on this one as this is probably the most interesting out of all of them.

After looking up plenty of swatches on the internet, 'Luminoso' which is probably the most popular shade, stood out to me the most as this is a shade that I don't own anything like. I have loads of bubblegum pinks and more red-toned shades, but I own very few peach/orange toned blushes in my collection, I only have one from MUA which resides at the back of my drawer and very rarely sees the light of day.

The packaging is very sophisticated and convenient, with its sturdy gold plastic with a good view of the colour, and a compact mirror and tiny brush.  The only issue I have with the packaging is that the lid with the mirror under doesn't clip down and just sort of flaps which is very annoying, however this is a minor problem when you consider the pros of the rest of the product.

I have been using this for around 5 days now so I have a general overview of it which isn't enough for a proper review so I thought a first impressions post would be a better idea for this product.  As you can see from the swatch above, it is very pigmented but blends out to look like just a sheer wash of a peach glow.  It isn't too glittery which I love, and it really adds a beautiful dewy glow which I find hard to get from powder products.  A lot of baked blushes I have tried are very glittery so I was extremely pleased when I discovered that this was the complete opposite. It is quite a soft powder, which means it blends beautifully into the skin, and I am never in fear of applying too much and looking a bit strange.  I find this to be a very neutral blush that would compliment pretty much any makeup look beautifully. Blushes like these are very hard to come by so I definitely recommend this if you're someone that is picky about which blushes you wear with which makeup looks!

Overall, I think this is a beautiful product and it is definitely something that I will be using a lot throughout the Spring and Summer months.  Hopefully I can get my hands on a few more shades to see if they live up to the high standard!

What are your favourite baked blushes? I'd love some recommendations!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment