3/04/2015

February Favourites 2015



I wish time could stop for just a week so I can catch up with myself! March has arrived which means there is only 2 months until exams start! The pressure is on and its safe to say, I'm feeling rather stressed at the moment! I don't have a huge amount of favourites this month, I haven't really bought anything new so it is really just a shop my stash this month apart from the odd one or two things.  I haven't had time to try new things this month so I have been sticking to what I know and rediscovering old favourites.

China Glaze Sunset Sail // It's very rare that I have a nail polish favourite in my favourites so this is quite a new feature this month.  I am not allowed to wear nail polish to school so I never really have time to find new favourites.  I have been stretching the rules slightly this month and I have been wearing this polish pretty much all month.  I have had this for about 2 years now and never really paid it much attention.  It is the perfect everyday shade, and it goes with pretty much everything! It lasts about 5 days without too much noticeable chipping which is brilliant considering my nails take quite a beating throughout the week. China Glaze is definitely a brand to check out if you are on a budget.

NYX Blush - Peach // This is an old favourite of mine that I bought back in the Summer.  I have been opting for blushes that are a little bit more pink this month, I'm not sure why, maybe I'm trying to tempt spring to come along a little bit faster. This blush is definitely not peach as the name would suggest, it is definitely more pink and adds a really pretty pop of colour to the cheeks.

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation // When I bought this back in the summer, I wasn't totally convinced that it was worth the hype. I wrote a review on it here when I first got it, and I loved it then but completely went off it.  After a while, I found the shade was too dark, it wouldn't blend and was too thick.  After my Mac Studio Fix Fluid ran out a few weeks ago, I decided to give this another go. I fell in love with it straight away, I don't know what has changed my mind but I am really impressed with this now.  The finish is quite dewy which is very rare for a foundation that is supposed to last.  It has phenomenal coverage and works well either on its own or mixed with loreal true match (a whole post on foundation mixing coming soon). It lasts all day without any patchiness or oiliness and I will definitely continue to use it.  I am currently trying out the new Loreal Infallible 24 Hour Matte Foundation so we will see how the 2 compare.

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick - Heather Shimmer // I wrote a whole post on this lipstick here when the whole Kylie Jenner Lip thing was the talk of the town.  This is incredibly similar to the shades she wears and I seem to have been wearing it an awful lot this month. I fake tanned last week and it complimented a tan so nicely, it would be great for summer as well as winter and is a very versatile shade.  The formula is highly moisturising, and although its not very long lasting, it is easy to throw on when you're out and about.

Michael Kors Watch // I was saving up for ages and ages before I finally got this back at the beginning of the month! It hasn't left my wrist all month and I am in love with it, it is such a classy watch and the silver makes it look sophisticated and expensive.  This compliments the rest of my jewellery a lot better than my gold watch did and it looks perfect paired with anything. I have received so many compliments on it and I definitely think Michael Kors is worth the splurge.

That is everything that I have to share with you this month, hopefully next month will be a lot more exciting!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment