1/09/2015

Contouring and Highlighting for Pale Skin

I've never really been that interested in the whole contouring and highlighting malarkey since the Kardashians made it famous, it just seemed like too many extra steps in my routine and I couldn't be bothered.  It wasn't until recently that I had a dabble around, and came up with the perfect routine for me, and now I couldn't be without it! For people with pale skin, like me, this task becomes quite a struggle! If you don't have the perfect products, you can look like an orange muddy mess which is far from attractive!  Today, I will be talking you through the steps I take to create a subtle and natural, but very effective contour and highlight.

The first product I use after foundation is the Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Roll-On in the shade fair to do a bit of highlighting.  I use this in a triangle shape under my eyes and up onto the tops of my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose, on my cupids bow and under where I would put my contour.  I blend all of this in with my trusty Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to ensure everything is seamlessly blended and looks natural.
Next is the contour! I take a thin line of the Makeup Revolution The One Blush Stick in the shade 'Matte Malibu' under my cheekbones, slightly down the sides of my nose and under my jaw line.  I am so impressed with this product, it is so creamy and blends seamlessly (providing you're not too heavy handed).  Definitely better value than the Nars Matte Multiple which has an RRP of £30! I blend all of this in with either my Real Techniques expert face brush or the cheek brush, depending on which one is clean at the time!
To set under my eyes and retain the highlight that I have already applied, I use the Elf HD Under Eye Setting Powder on a big fluffy brush.  This powder is white with some sheen to it so it really gives your eyes a pick me up and adds to the bright eyed effect.  It is a really subtle way to give your face a bit more definition and stop it from making it look flat.
Last but certainly not least, I use theBalm Mary Lou-Manizer which is certainly worth the hype! It adds the most amazing glow to your skin, without a fleck of glitter in sight! This is seriously giving my holy grail Mac Soft and gentle a run for its money! I take this on the real techniques setting brush and just dust it on the tops of my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose and on my cupids bow to really bring some radiance back into my dull complexion.  I also use this as an eyeshadow on a daily basis, and it is perfect!

That is all for my contouring and highlighting routine, these few extra steps really make a huge difference to the whole look and just add that little bit more oomph to your whole face!  This routine is perfect for my ghostly complexion and is just the right amount for me without looking too much! what are your favourite contouring and highlighting products?

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment