9/24/2014

Updated Skincare Routine - Autumn 2014


I don't really change up that much in my skincare routine in the transition from summer to autumn, however I have changed my routine up quite a bit recently so I thought I would give you an updated version of my skincare routine!

To take off the worst of my makeup, I use the The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil.  I just use about 2 pumps of this, massage on to a fully made up my face, add a splash of water and you start to look very attractive indeed.  I actually hate the feel of this on my face because I hate anything oily, but it is so satisfying to watch your makeup just slide off! Now all thats left to do is to rinse this off!

Next I go in with my favourite Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water to just make sure that all makeup has gone and all the oil has also gone because it tends to break me out if it is left on.  This stuff is a god send and I seriously don't know what I would do without it now!

To further cleanse (I'm a bit of a clean freak when it comes to my face) I use my new favourite cleanser which is the Yes to Tomatoes Daily Clarifying Cleanser for Combination Skin (try saying that fast!).  I love how this is so gentle on my skin because a lot of cleansers that target oily skin are usually quite harsh and stripping but this one doesn't leave my skin tight or red.

My favourite step, toning! I use the Lush Tea Tree Water.  I love just spraying this all over my face, it is so cooling and refreshing and just calms my skin after all my obsessive cleansing! Tea Tree is a natural anti-bacterial so it helps to calm any existing breakouts and prevent any new ones from forming!

Next is moisturising, my most hated step.  I don't know why I hate it so much,  just don't tend to get on with moisturisers so I usually skip this step which is really bad but I don't really care, it keeps me happy! If my skin is feeling particularly dry and I have no choice, I will use the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo which I personally don't like (shock horror!) and I just feel it does nothing for my skin, if anything it just makes it worse.  Sometimes I will use my sample size of the REN Clarimatte T-Zone Balancing Gel Cream which is ok, not fantastic but if I need it, I will use it. I just think all moisturisers I have tried break me out and make my face feel like an oil-slick within 10 minutes so I just don't bother.

My favourite part of my pamper routine, Masks! My current favourite mask is the Avon Clearskin Pore Penetrating Black Mineral Mask.  I only paid £2 for it and it is easily comparable to the origins charcoal mask.  I use this every Sunday and Monday, as it advises to use 2-3 times a week.  You just spread a thin layer of product over your face, wait 10 minutes for it to go white and then wash off and your face is left feeling clean and looking clear and healthy!  I definitely recommend this if you have combination/oily skin like mine that can be problematic or if you are just looking for a really deep clean.  It is definitely worth a try and for £2 it is practically a steal!

That is every step in my routine, if you have any products that you recommend moisturiser-wise, please let me know!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment