11/01/2014

October Favourites 2014 ❤

Left to Right:- essence 'Satin Mauve' lipliner, Avon 'Pink Bouquet lipliner, Mac 'Plumful', NYX 'Desert Rose Blush, MUA 'dolly' blush

I know I say this every month but seriously, where the hell did October go?  This year has gone fast and every month seems to have flown by, but October has been the fastest.  It doesn't seem that long that I was doing my September Favourites!

Makeup:-

Wilko False Eyelashes Natural // I have always loathed false eyelashes and thought they were too much of a faff, until I picked these up on a whim in Wilkinsons for £2.  I think it is safe to say I am a convert.  The glue that comes with them is pretty useless so I have been using DUO, but these are the best things I have ever stuck to my eyeballs.  They look so natural when they are on and I have had so many compliments about my eyelashes and people have been asking what mascara I use and how I get them so long!  They are so easy to apply, they last so long and you can wear them multiple times providing you keep them safe.  I have worn them at least 10 times now, I have worn them every time I have gone out somewhere nice and I have worn them every night this week for the dance show.  I absolutely love them and for £2, they are practically a steal!

Lipliners // I have never been a huge fan of lipliners and have never really thought about them too much until this month.  Whilst looking for a lip pencil that was similar to Mac's Soar, I found Essence 'Satin Mauve' which is like a Kylie Jenner colour just slightly more mauve and Avon's Glimmerstick in Pink Bouquet.  The essence one is really creamy and moisturising which is unlike most lipliners which are quite drying.  It is completely matte but because it is so moisturising, it doesn't last too long.  I have worn this quite a bit since I have got it and I think it is amazing value for £1.  I have worn it both on its own and under a lipstick.  The Avon one is matte and very drying.  It does stay on for quite a long time but I generally just line my lips with this and then put a more moisturising lipstick on because otherwise my lips feel like prunes!

NYX Desert Rose Blush // I have worn this blush one hell of a lot this month.  I am now going to give it the typical Beauty Blogger Autumn Blush Description ' It makes your cheeks look like you have been enjoying a brisk walk in the cold weather and your cheeks are rosy!'. Seriously it does, it is one of the most natural looking blushes I have ever worn and it makes you look so healthy and pretty.

MUA Lolly Blush // This again is a very natural looking blush but gives you more of a bronzy looking glow.  I have been wearing this on the days where I am looking a bit pale and need a bit of a perk up.  This blush is such a bargain at £1 and I think is quite a universal shade and I think it would suit anyone who's looking for a peachy, bronzy glow!

MAC Plumful // This is seriously the most perfect lipstick ever and I think it is probably my most favourite bold (ish) lip of all time.  It is the perfect plum shade for me and looks good on all skin tones.  I am really pale and find plum shades hard to get on with but this one is perfection.  It is a lustre finish so it is slightly sheerer and it is the perfect way to incorporate and autumn lip into your look with out being really bold.  It is quite subtle and can either be patted in so it looks really subtle or built up to be a little more bolder.  If you are going to get one mac lipstick, I recommend this one!

Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Roller // Now I don't suffer with dark circles horrendously, but I can always do with a  bit more coverage and a bit more brightness under my eyes to perk things up a bit.  If you want to cover dark circles without using a heavy duty, cakey concealer, this is the man for the job.  This is such a lightweight product and is quite liquidy so it blends in seamlessly without looking cakey and offers amazing coverage.  As well as covering and brightening your dark circles,  the cooling roller ball and the caffeinated formula actually helps to get rid of your dark circles and wake your eyes up whilst covering them.  This gives the most amazing highlighted affect and looks flawless and it doesn't crease on me which is pretty much unheard of for me! This is a little pricey in boots for £10.49, but you can get it in home bargains for £2.99 which is where I got mine.

Ebay Flat Top Kabuki // Since I got my Ebay Makeup Brush Set (full review here), I have used the round topped brush for foundation religiously.  It wasn't until it got really dirty and I couldn't be bothered to clean it that I switched to using this one and I can't believe I abandoned it for so long!  It is quite big and dense so it quickly blends in your foundation seamlessly and I never have to go back over it.  It makes my foundation look really natural as well as providing me with the maximum coverage.  I definitely recommend these brushes if you want high quality for a low price.

Hair Care:- 

Touch Of Silver Shampoo and Conditioner // It's not very often I rave about a shampoo and conditioner so you know its definitely going to be good!  I ombred my hair back in march and because it got bleached and my brown hair is quite warm toned, the blonde goes bright ginger.  I had heard a lot about this purple shampoo and I just picked it up to see what all the fuss was about.  I should have taken a before and after but I wasn't really expecting anything miraculous to happen so I was pleasantly surprised!  The difference in the colour and condition of my hair is amazing! It is so much healthier and the colour is so much more blonde I absolutely love it! If you have blond hair, I definitely recommend this because the results are amazing!

Youtube:-

TheSacconeJolys // If you don't watch their daily vlogs you have to! They are the sweetest family ever and Emilia and Eduardo are the cutest little kids ever!  They upload every day at 6:00pm and I am obsessed with them, I watch them every day without fail!

I had quite a lot of favourites this month and I think next month will be jam packed as well because I have new products coming out of my earholes!  Let me know what you have been loving and leave your links in the comments!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment