11/30/2014

Yankee Candle Haul

I have recently developed somewhat of an obsession with candles.  There is nothing better than coming in from the cold winters day and lighting a candle and just sitting and letting the warm scents fill your house.  I had a Cabot Circus gift card which still had £51 so when I couldn't resist going slightly mad in the Yankee Store.

The only large jar candle I bought was Snowflake Cookie scent.  I have smelt this every year when I look through the Yankee christmas collection and have never bought it, so when I saw it was reduced from £19.99 to £14.99, I couldn't help myself! I have already burnt half of it and I have only had it 2 weeks! When you first light it, it does take a while for it to give off some sort of scent, but when it does, it feels the whole house with the smell of freshly baked cookies!  It isn't really a classic christmas scent so you could use it all year round if your heart desired!

I bought 4 samplers because they are the best way of seeing what a candle smells like when its being burnt before you splurge on the full size.  I always find that the candles smell slightly different when they are being burned to what they smell like when they are brand new. Sometimes this is a good thing and sometimes its not.  The first one I bought is Pink Sands which is my all time favourite yankee candle scent and it matches the air freshener I got for my birthday last year, which sadly seems to be discontinued.  It's a very fresh scent and it's quite light so you could burn this through the warmer months and it wouldn't be too overpowering and wintery.  I also got the Fireside Treats as recommended to me by my friend Jayde, and it smells exactly like burning marshmallows which is very warm and relaxing. Sticking with the food theme, I picked up Strawberry Buttercream purely for the pretty picture on the front, but it does smell amazing and this is another one that is summer appropriate because it has quite a fruity and fresh scent.  The last sampler I picked up was the seasons of peace which I bought because my mum liked.  I'm not sure if I'm really a fan, it seems a bit heavy and headache-inducing for me but if it was a little weaker, I may enjoy it.

Lastly, I bought the Bucket Sampler Holder because it looks really nice sat on my bedside cabinet and it stops the samplers dripping wax all over the place or setting my curtains alight!

What is your favourite yankee candle?

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment