11/28/2014

Lush Haul - November 2014




Oh Lush.  Every year you do this to me! I walk in there for 1 thing and I'm bombarded with sales people and a huge array of festive products.  I'm a sucker for anything cute and christmassy! I was quite firm with myself actually, I managed to wittle my basket down to just a few products because with my birthday coming up, I know people like to buy me Lush products because they know I'll love it and also, if I have birthday money I can go and have a huge spend up in there afterwards! 
Looking at these photos now, I have noticed that the Bomb Cosmetics Rhubarb and Custard Blaster has managed to sneak its way in somehow. Seeing as its here, I may as well share my thoughts! It smells absolutely amazing, just like the old fashioned rhubarb and custard sweets.  It also turned by bath orange which was fun and the smell lingered.  I find with some bath bombs, once they have dissolved, they lose their smell quite quickly but this one certainly doesn't.
Onto the Lush stuff, the first thing I got was the Butterball.  I bought two of these and this could possibly be my favourite lush product.  It smells like vanilla and cocoa butter which is amazing, and ale, when you put it in the bath, it dissolves leaving lots of chunks of cocoa butter which I then rub into my skin.  It leaves my skin so soft and nourished and I smell like vanilla all night after I have used it!
Along the same buttery theme, I bought 2 of the Butterbears.  This is really just a smaller, cheaper and cuter version of the butterball.  He smells exactly the same and does the exact same thing, however I don't find it quite as moisturising, purely for the fact that he's smaller and doesn't hold so much cocoa butter.  I don't have a problem with that though because he is sooooo cute!
The next thing I got was the much raved about Cinders bath bomb.  I haven't used this yet so I don't know what its like in the bath, however if the smell is anything to go by, its going to be amazing.  It smells quite strongly of cinnamon and spices and it has popping candy in it which supposedly makes you feel like you're sat in front of a crackling fire.  I'm sceptical about this one, I'll keep you posted.
The next thing I got was the Comforter Bubble Bar. I had smelt this a few times and been put off by the price of £4.75.  After doing a bit of research, I discovered that you can use a bit at a time so I took the plunge! I have used half of this, I just crumbled it under the tap to create a bright pink bubble bath which looked pretty cool and also filled the air with the strong smell of blackcurrant, almost like Ribena.  I would definitely recommend this if you like bubbles and are in to fruity scents.
The last product I got is probably the most exciting, for me anyway.  The Shoot For the Stars bath bomb looks amazing and I can't wait to put it in the bath.  It smells very similar to the 'Honey I washed the kids soap' which I love and the interesting colours in this bomb indicate that you are going to have a cool multi-coloured bath which I'm all up for!
If you want to see any of these in action, hop on over to my Instagram where I have videos up of the ones that I have used and will be posting new ones as I work my way through my stash!
What other lush products should I try?
Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment