4/15/2014

Photography Tips and Tricks ❤

I'm definitely no expert on photography, but after a blogger chat I had with the lovely Kimberley and Ana Cristina (you can find their blogs here and here) I picked up a few tips and tricks to share with you.

It doesn't matter what camera you have, as long as you have good lighting, anyone can take an amazing photo. I take my photos on my iPhone 4s.
  Natural light is the best type of lighting for achieving great photos.  If the weather is nice, take photos outside or by a big window where plenty of light is coming through.  Lighting is key for photography,  it can make a really rubbish photo look great and professional!
If the weather is nice, try and take any photos you will need for any blogposts you have planned for that week in bulk.  That way, if the weather is rubbish and the lighting is poor on the day you plan on writing a post, it doesn't matter because you already have your pictures ready to go. Also, try not to over edit,  you want the product in the photograph to look as true to life as possible so your readers know exactly what they're getting.

As far as backgrounds go, the plainer the better.  You want the focus to be on the product you are blogging about, and you don't want the background to steal all the attention.  I normally go for a white, uncluttered background so the product stands out as much as possible.

You can find all the information about the forum and the chats on Kimberleys blog! Make sure you give both of them a follow!

If you have any questions or requests, be sure to leave a comment or tweet me and follow me on Instagram!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment