8/25/2016

My Top 10 Makeup Brushes



I ran a little poll on Twitter to see what you wanted to see from me today and it was a very close between this and a post on my experience learning to drive and getting my car. The results were 56% of votes for my top 10 brushes and 44% for my driving post so it was very close, but this one was the clear winner nonetheless!

Tools are a vital part of our beauty routines. Our favourite products would be nothing without the tools that allow them to do their job, so I thought I would shine the spotlight on them today and show some appreciation for my favourite brushes.

F A C E

First up is the cheapest of the bunch, the Makeup Revolution F104 is a big old fluffy brush that is quite slim, making it the perfect brush for applying bronzer in the exact places where you want it and blending it seamlessly. You could also use this for powder, this brush has multiple uses and the quality of it is outstanding for a budget brand. Plus, its rose gold and who doesn't love something thats rose gold?!

Up next is the Real Techniques Blush Brush which has been one of my favourite brushes for a good few years. Its big fluffy head means that anything that you apply blends out beautifully, as well as having a slightly tapered end to get it in just the right place! This is also a brush that can be used for multiple things, I have used this for both bronzer and blusher, and I think I have even used it for powder when I haven't had a clean powder brush!

This post features a lot os Real Techniques brushes as they are simply fantastic, and the Buffing Brush is certainly no exception. This brush is perfect for making sure that foundation is blended flawlessly into the skin, and I have also been using it for powder recently as it's flat top really helps me to press the powder into the skin to make sure that my foundation is going to be sticking around all day!

The Real Techniques Contour Brush is a firm favourite with a lot of people, it is the perfect size for really carving out your cheekbones and it can also be used for concealer or setting under the eyes. I couldn't be without this brush, out of all of the brushes I have used for contouring, this one is definitely my favourite.

The penultimate gem from Real Techniques is their Setting Brush which I managed to grab in the boxing day sale on feel unique a few years back. This brush is perfect for setting in those hard to reach areas like around the nose and under the eyes, as well as being absolutely perfect for applying highlight precisely where you want it!

Last up for Face we have a relatively new addition to my collection, the Morphe M501 was mentioned in my previous favourites post and became a favourite of mine almost instantly. Its tapered end means I can pack on highlighter in precisely the right place without getting it everywhere, and this brush is also an absolute bargain for the quality!

E Y E S

The last Real Techniques pick is the Base Shadow Brush which is a definite staple in my collection. Its flat side makes it perfect for packing colour onto the lid, its thin tip fits perfectly into the crease and its pointed tip is perfect for getting right into the outer V. You can also use this brush for buffing in concealer around your nose or under your eyes as it is the perfect size and shape! It's just a shame they don't sell this separately because I barely get any use out of the other brushes in the eye set!

Onto slightly more pricey offerings, the Sigma E30 Pencil was definitely the one thing I was missing in my eye collection and I don't know where I would be without it! It's perfect for applying darker colours very precisely into the outer corner as well as smoking out my lower lash line. If you don't own a pencil brush then you certainly need one, trust me it'll change your life!

Another one from Sigma, the E40 Tapered Blending Brush has been hailed a necessity by so many makeup artists and Youtubers, and I can totally see why! This brush is perfect for getting a transition colour thats blended to perfection, as well as being extremely handy for going back round the edges of your eyeshadow once your masterpiece is finished so that all harsh lines are a thing of the past and you're looking like the goddess of blended fleekness.

Lastly, we have possible the most luxurious and attractive brush. The Zoeva 223 Petite Eye Blender is certainly one that looks very at home displayed on your dressing table, its blush pink handle and rose gold ferrel really is a sight for sore eyes! The brush itself is actually fabulous too, its bristles are beautifully soft, and this dense brush is perfect for getting right in that inner corner to make sure that your highlight pops! I don't use this brush for its intended purpose because I like to break the rules, which pretty much sums up my attitude towards makeup!

That concludes my top 10 brushes, which brushes would be in your top 10?

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment