4/01/2015

March Favourites 2015

This favourites post seems very minimal again this month! It wasn't until the end of the month (literally the past few days) that I have discovered some amazing products but I don't feel like they belong here yet as I haven't used them for the whole month.  I feel like putting products in that I only started to use the last few days of the month would make me a fraud, maybe thats a slight exaggeration but it just doesn't feel right! Enough rambling, I could ramble about the small amount of products and why there aren't so many all day but I think you would all rather read about the actual products rather than the strange theories I have about monthly favourites posts.

Starting with face products, I have been majorly obsessing over the Seventeen Skin Wow Primer.  I have a full review of it here where I compared it to Benefit High Beam, except this is better! It gives the most natural, kind of wet looking glow without being glittery or sparkly It is so versatile and can be worn under foundation, mixed in with foundation or just on the high points of your face! I have used it in all 3 ways and they each have their advantages. The biggest perk to this product is the price! It is only £5.99 for something that is such an amazing quality and contains so much product as well!

I have 3 eye favourites this month which is a first! I generally stick to what I know when it comes to eyes as I get very attached to certain products, but I have had a sudden urge to try new things and it has done me good! It gives me something a little different to talk about and gets me out of the eyeliner and mascara rut that I have been stuck in for a good 6 months! The first product is the Elf Smudge Pot in 'Brownie Points' which is a products I have written about many times before.  On lazy days, which happens a lot more often than I'd like to admit, I put a small amount of this on the lower half of my lid and then blend up to my crease with a fluffy brush.  To finish this look, I just run a small bit of a warm brown through the crease to ensure its seamless (if I can be bothered) and then apply a quick slick of mascara! The formula and colour are both amazing, along with the bargain price of around £2! Next is the Soap&Glory Super Cat Eyeliner Pen which I was quite sceptical about to begin with.  I have never been a fan of felt tip eyeliners and am definitely a liquid girl........only until I found this.  I bought this on a whim with my advantage card points and it was one of the best purchases I have made this month. The formula is amazing as I mentioned in my Products I've Been Trying Out and it makes it so easy to applied winged liner which has always been the bane of my life! The best part about it is that it is only £6 so I would definitely recommend this if you too struggle with the dreaded winged liner and are in the market for a new eyeliner.  Lastly is the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara which I reviewed recently here.  It gives the perfect balance of length and volume as well as holding a curl and lasting all day without a flake in sight.  It provides an easy and clump free application and keeps my lashes looking at their best all day long!

I will be doing a separate lifestyle/fashion favourites within the next week as I have quite a few and there would be too many to include in this post! I might do something like that more often as well to mix things up a little, let me know what you think about this.

What have been your favourite products this month?

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment