12/30/2014

Best Discoveries of 2014 | Eyes

Welcome to the second instalment of my 'Best Discoveries of 2014'.  Todays post will be talking all things eyes!

Starting with bases, as mentioned in my December favourites, I love using cream shadows as a base to provide longevity for the shadows I put on top, and also making colours appear more vibrant and pigmented.  My current favourite budget-friendly cream shadows are the Elf Smudge Pots.  I won't ramble on about them too much as you have already heard me rave about them, but they are the best quality and most pigmented cream shadows I have ever used, and their ridiculously affordable price of £2.95 is not tone sniffed at!

Onto palettes, back in the summer I picked up the MUA Undressed and Undress Me Too palettes on a  whim, not really expecting much but thought they would be fun to play with! I was stunned to discover how buttery and pigmented these shadows were, and also that they are dupes for the Urban Decay Naked palettes for just a fraction of the price! Definitely worth investing in.

There has only been one eyeliner that has stood out to me this year and that has been the Rimmel Glameyes Liquid Liner.  It has the tiniest little brush, which makes it so easy to create  really thin line and also build it up to quite a thick line. It is also quite easy to do wings with which is something I struggle with a lot! Unlike most liquid liners I have tried, this one doesn't flake throughout the day or smudge, nor does it smudge or disappear when I curl my eyelashes which is another struggle that I face when it comes to eyeliner. This is definitely a good one for anyone starting out with eyeliner, or you struggle with it like me.

Let's talk lashes! Another product I have mentioned a lot on my blog is the Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara.  I didn't think I was going to like this, as I usually prefer plastic wands as I find them better at separating and lengthening, but I fell in love with this mascara the moment it touched my lashes!  It lengthens and volumises without a clump in site and dramatically improves the condition of your lashes. It contains a grow-lash complex that is designed to encourage the natural growth of your lashes, and helps them to appear fuller and stronger. This definitely does what it claims to do and this will definitely be repurchased.  The last product to mention is really just false eyelashes in general. I never really bothered with false lashes, I always found them too much of a faff and being the lazy girl that I am, I just couldn't be bothered! Since I tried them back in February, I have been hooked! I have grown increasingly better at applying them and no longer find it stressful. They just add a little bit more oomph and drama to your eyes and I am obsessed! No dramatic look is complete without a kick-ass pair of lashes!

That is everything for eyes, what have been your best eye discoveries of 2014?

Emily xx


No comments:

Post a Comment