8/21/2014

Back To School Makeup ❤

Well, it's nearly that time again! Time to say goodbye to waking up at 3pm and get back to early mornings and colder weather.  I absolutely hate going back to school, so I thought I would create a makeup look specifically for going back to school to make it not seem so bad!  This look is perfect for those of you who aren't allowed to wear makeup to school or don't really have a lot of time in the mornings, this is quick and simple using very few products.  I have tried my best to keep it all drugstore because I know those of you still at school don't really have a large budget and like makeup to be cheap and cheerful!


Seeing as you want your makeup to stay on throughout the school day, priming is essential.  My favourite primer is Benefit's Porefessional as I have mahoosive pores and this helps to fill them in and smooth my skin out.  If you are looking for a more affordable option, the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser or the L'oreal Nude Magique Blur Cream are good drugstore dupes.  
For a base, you want something that is going to correct and even out your skin tone, as well as looking natural and non cakey.  I opted for the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream as it gives amazing coverage and still looks like skin and remains undetectable, no matter how much you pile on.
To cover up those pesky dark circles from all those late nights, I use the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer as it is cheap as chips and is amazing quality.  It gives amazing coverage and stays around all day.
To set my makeup and stop everything sliding off my face (not literally, but you catch my drift), I use the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder.  I love how this blurs my skin, masking any imperfections and keeps shine at bay all day!
To make myself look like I had been away on a fancy holiday, I used my Nars Laguna Bronzer to give myself a bronze glow.  The Soap and Glory Solar Powder Bronzer is a good cheaper option as I know that not many people want to spend £27 on a bronzer! 
To add a little colour back into my cheeks and liven up my face, I used my new favourite blush which is the Nyx Powder Blush in the shade 'peach' which is a natural peachy pink shade.
Now onto eyes, I used my Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in the shade milk to cancel out any discolouration on my eyelids and act as a primer.  I also put this on my inner corner to brighten up my eyes and make me look more awake.
Obviously, not a lot of people can wear eyeshadow to school or haven't got time for it, so I just took a flesh toned shadow from my MUA Undress Me Too Palette to cover up any veins or redness on my eyelids.
For eyeliner, I used 2 Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Liners. I used the shade 'black' to tight line so that my eyelashes looked thicker without bothering with liquid liner.  I also took the shade nude in my waterline to cancel out redness and make my eyes look bigger and more awake.
To complete the eyes, I used a slick of mascara just to open up my eyes and make me look a little less dead!  I used the Revlon Lash Potion Mascara, this is not the best mascara in the entire world but it does the job!
To finish it off, you could add a tinted lip balm or a sheer lipstick or gloss.  Some of my favourites are the Maybelline Baby Lips as they add a sheer pop of colour and are really moisturising!

I hope this has helped some of you who can't wear makeup to school or don't have a lot of time, and if you recreate this look, be sure to tweet it to me or tag me in your instagram.  All my social media is linked on the social media page at the top of my blog, so be sure to follow me on twitter and Instagram and like my Facebook page!

Emily xx








No comments:

Post a Comment