5/19/2014

Spring Essentials Collab πŸ’—

This is my first ever Collab post with the lovely Dalal from It's Raining Daisies.
These are the beauty products that I think are perfect for creating the fresh, dewy look that most people tend to go for in the Spring.


For a base, I like to use something light and dewy. If I don't want alot of coverage, I will use a CC cream. This evens out my skin tone and gives a soft, dewy finish without adding too much coverage or looking to heavy. I have recently been trying the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream and so far I'm impressed (full review coming soon)! If I want a bit more coverage but still not too much, I will use my holy grail foundation which is the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation and gives a dewy, radiant look without looking shiny and it sets nicely so your face doesn't feel sticky which is one of my pet peeves! If I want to look fresh but nearer to full coverage, I use the L'oreal Lumi Magique Foundation . This offers good coverage if I'm having a bad skin day and still looks natural and radiant.


Glowy cheeks are a must have for Spring so cream/liquid blushes and highlights are a must! My current favourite blush is the Daniel Sandler Watercolour Fluid Blush in the shade 'Cherub'. It has a slight shimmer running through it which gives you a lovely pinky glow! You can wear this alone or you can set it with a translucent powder so it is very versatile. For highlight, I have been using Benefit High Beam non-stop throughout the Spring months. It gives you a sheen rather than a shimmer and looks really natural. This is a product that you can set with powder and it will still show through and make you look dewy.  For people who prefer powder, the Mac Mineralize Skin Finish in 'Soft and Gentle' which is essential in my opinion and is definitely worth the hefty price tag! It is a little more shimmery than the High Beam but it still looks natural enough to wear every day.


For eyes, I think subtle pinky colours are perfect! The Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette is absolutely perfect for Spring. The colours are so wearable and look great on every one.  For a cheaper option, the Revlon Shadowlink in the shade 'Petal' is a very good dupe for the shade 'Dust' in the Naked 3 but is less glittery so is easier to wear on a day to day basis and has a lot less fall out. For cream shadows, I have been loving the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in the shade 'RSVP' because it is so easy to just slap on (not literally) with a couple of coats of mascara and you're good to go!


 Pastel nails are a must, my favourites are Barry M Gelly Polish in Rose HipRevlon Top Speed in CloudEssie Mint Candy Apple, Nails Inc Oxford and China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint.

Last but not least, pink and coral lips are a must. Whether they are pastel, bright, matte, glossy, they are all very Springy! I have a whole post on my Top 5 Spring Lip Products here.

I hope you enjoyed this collab and make sure to check out Dalal's post and maybe give her blog a read and a follow!

If you would like to collaborate with me, all the information you need is in my collaboration and contact page!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment