3/24/2014

How I wash/store my makeup brushes!

The worst thing about being a beauty blogger is the chore of washing makeup brushes.  I try my best not to be lazy and wash them regularly so I thought I'd share with you some of my tips and tricks for when I wash my brushes and how I like to store them!

I store them in this floral pencil pot that I got in Bastins for around £1.99.  It's the perfect size to fit all of my brushes without them getting squashed or damaged and it looks really pretty on my dressing table!  If I'm travelling, I store them in this travel case that came with my Mac brushes and it's good for keeping them safe and secure when travelling.

For washing them, all I use is a bar of soap and water.  To spot clean, I just use a quick spritz of makeup remover or brush cleanser on a paper towel.
I hold the bar of soap in the palm of my hand and swirl the wet brush onto it until its soapy and then rinse it off.  I keep repeating this until the brush is completely clean.
When they are clean, I reshape them a bit with my hands and shake off any excess water.  I lie them down on the edge of something so they don't lose their shape when drying.  Don't stand them up because any water or soap left in the bristles will run down the brush and wear away the glue holding the hairs in place, causing them to fall out and eventually ruin your brush.  I normally wash them on a night time so I can let them thoroughly dry over night so they are ready for use the next morning.

I hope you found this helpful and if you have any questions or requests, be sure to leave a comment or tweet me!

Emily xx

www.instagram.com/its_little_em
www.twitter.com/L1ttleEm

No comments:

Post a Comment