10/30/2014

The Sugar Skull Halloween Makeup ❤

Seeing as I put up my other 2 halloween makeup looks yesterday, I thought I would put this one up as a cheeky little bonus post for you lovely people.  This look is slightly harder to create than the other two and is a bit more time consuming, but if you have the time to sit and perfect this look, the end result will be well worth it.  I have to admit, I rushed this look like hell because we had an hour to get ready and in that time, I had to do the sugar skull, then my sisters hair and makeup, then my hair and makeup and I had to get changed so I did it as fast as I possibly could! Given the time that I had, I am quite pleased with it!

To start off, I painted her face white! The face paint she had wasn't brilliant, so I ended up adding to it with my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk to make the colour a little more opaque.  I then set this with a white eyeshadow because it was quite sticky and would have been hard to work on.  Then for all the black parts on the face, I used a really old liquid liner from NYC, purely because it has a really thick brush and I struggle to use it on my eyes! I drew rings around her eyes and filled them in, drew the petals around the eyes, added a few freckles to the cheeks, drew a line through her lips and drew in teeth so it was similar to a skull, drew a little triangle on her nose and then her chin was looking a bit bare so I added a little circle, some spirals and some dots, and also a little cobweb on her forehead.  Wow that was a long sentence! Then I went over all the black and set it with a black eyeshadow so that it remained black and didn't budge.  All of the circles that I didn't fill in, I went in with red face paint as there was red in her costume.  I then obviously set that with a bright red blush.

That completes this look, I was pleased with the end result, apart from the fact my makeup brushes were full of face paint and I had to deep clean them afterwards! As I said yesterday, if you recreate this look or take inspiration from it, be sure to send me a picture!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment