8/07/2016

Liquid Lip Week | Day #1 | Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color


Welcome to Day 1 of liquid lip week! Now before I jump into rambling about these beauties, I thought I would give you a little introduction to what this week is going to consist of. To cut a long story short, I am obsessed with matte liquid lipsticks, so I thought I would do a review on a different liquid lip every day for a week, and then at the end of the week give you a little round up and tell you which one is the 'winner' if you like, the best of the bunch.

As you can see by the title, today we are kickstarting liquid lip week with the Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color's which are a fairly recent launch from Revlon. This line has 7 shades, 3 of which I own and 4 of which I am aiming to own! It's not the most extensive colour range and a lot of them are fairly similar, however, the shades that are on offer suit me down to the ground.  The shades are all amazingly pigmented as you can see from the swatches above, and I can guarantee you there is at least 1 shade to suit everyone. The packaging looks very chic, with the rather expensive-looking frosted glass bottle and the simple silver lid. The doe-foot applicator is a little on the large side so I'd recommend using a lip liner to make application that little bit easier and precise.

The formula of these is quite a unique one compared to the majority of liquid lipsticks I have tried. I find these don't really dry down like your average liquid lipstick, they stay tacky and feel just like a regular lipstick, but they give the appearance of a liquid lipstick because they look matte (after a good 10 minutes of drying time that is). They first apply like a lip lacquer and have a similar texture to a gloss, but then dry matte which did take me a while to get used to, because to me thats a little weird! They are extremely long lasting and I find I can go a good 5 hours of eating and drinking before needing a touch up, however, these are NOT transfer proof. This doesn't dry down to a point where you can wipe your lips and nothing comes of. This transfers just like a regular lipstick, meaning glasses, cups and straws will be covered in this stuff. However, this is probably one of the best liquid lipsticks that the drugstore has to offer and probably one of the cheapest options on the market. These are great for anyone who hates the feeling of wearing a liquid lipstick but loves the look of them, as they look like a liquid lipstick but feel very comfortable to wear.

Overall, these are a fabulous starting point for someone eager to dive into the world of liquid lipsticks and I would definitely consider purchasing some more shades!

Have you tried these? if so, what do you think?

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment