8/22/2016

Worth The Hype? | The Eye Edit


 Welcome to the second instalment of 'Worth the Hype?'. This is almost a week late because I have been struck down with the most horrendous stomach migraine all week and I have literally not been able to move to publish a post! Today is a low down on all things eyes.

First up we have some cream eyeshadows that everyone and their mother seems to love. The most expensive of the duo is the MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot. I have the shades Bare Study, which is a very light shimmery golden shade, and Lets Skate which is a baby pink with golden glitter running through it. These are beautiful products, you get a fair amount of product for your money in very sturdy and classic glass jars with black lids. The formula of these is beautiful, the warmth of your finger melts the very creamy product and they glide and blend on to your lids effortlessly. These can be worn alone or as a base for other shadows, as their crease proof formula acts as a brilliant primer to keep your other shadows lasting all day long. As expected of MAC, the shade range of these is impeccable and you're guaranteed to find something to suit your eyelids needs! If you're on a bit more of a budget, the Maybelline Color Tattoo's are the ones for you.  The formula of these are almost identical for under a third of the price. I find that these last slightly longer on the lids, however the shade range isn't quite as extensive as the MAC ones, however it does seem to be growing.  Both of these products have lived up to their hype, and I will definitely be purchasing more shades in the future.

There are many hyped up eyeshadow palettes within the beauty community, and when I was going through my stash I realised that I seem to be easily-influenced and have the majority of them! I decided to pick two that I think are very deserving of their hype. First up is the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette which is possibly one of the most unique formulas I have ever come across. I wrote a full review on this beauty here where I gave you the lowdown of each individual shade so be sure to have a nose at that. The smell of these cocoa-powder infused shadows is simply divine, and the buttery and dreamy formula is simply to die for. The shades in here are beautiful and it provides you with a great variety to create a plethora of different looks, so it is perfect for all occasions. I have also used shades in this to contour and highlight, as well as finding a blush too so it really is a fantastic product.  It is a little on the pricey side, £39 seems a lot to part with for 16 little eyeshadows, but I can assure you the hype is justified and it is worth your pennies! Secondly, we have the much coveted Morphe 35O Palette. This is the perfect palette for the Autumn and Winter, the shades of these are unlike no other and I think this is actually extremely affordable for the quality of the shadows and the quantity of them! 35 eyeshadows for £21.75 is an absolute steal, no wonder this baby sold out in record time after Jaclyn Hill introduced it to us on her Snap Chat for the first time when it was released. If you can manage to get your hands on this gem, then do it! (I'm such an enabler).

The last of the eyeshadows are of course from Makeup Geek! These are known as some of the best budget shadows on the market, used by makeup artists and beauty gurus worldwide, they certainly caused a stir when big Youtubers such as Jaclyn Hill expressed their love for them. I have a full post on these beauties here. I have since got 2 more shades, and I am definitely up for getting more, I can't have a half empty z palette for much longer! The matte shades are phenomonal, which is rare in a budget brand. They are insanely pigmented and buttery, and I have never known shadows blend so well. The shimmers are no different, they are insanely beautiful and are a must for any makeup lover. They also have an insanely fabulous shade range, they have absolutely everything! Next on my list to try is the foiled eyeshadows, they look phenomonal!

The liquid liner that stood out to me as a very popular product was the Soap and Glory Supercat Liner Pen. It's thin tip makes it a breeze to use, and its carbon black and intensely pigmented formula means you have the perfect wings all day long. It doesn't crack or smudge throughout the day so your fleekiness won't be short lived! This liner is an absolute bargain as well, at £6.00 this is a much cheaper alternative to the much loved Stila stay all day liquid liner!

Last but not least, we have two mascaras that really float my boat. First up is the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara which was massively hyped up when it launched around 2 years ago. This mascara is one of my firm favourites, it makes my lashes look crazy long, it doesn't clump, separates them beautifully and lasts a decent amount of time without smudging or flaking. This mascara is definitely worthy of holy grail status, along with the next and last product which is the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara which I would say is a pretty close dupe! The only difference I would say is that the brush on the Maybelline one is a lot more chunky even though it is a very similar shape! I also find that the Maybelline one is slightly thicker in formula and can get a little on the clumpy side when it starts to dry out. This is definitely a great one if you're interested in Roller Lash but you're on a budget, and these two are definitely worth the hype!

Pop back Friday for my final instalment of 'Worth the hype?' where we will be talking all things lips! Which hyped up eye products have you tried, and are they worthy of their hype or not? I'd love to know!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment