7/24/2015

Elsa Frozen Inspired Makeup | Tutorial

I don't very often do tutorials around these parts because I don't feel like I have the skills to be telling people how to do things, it's just not in my nature really.  However, when I posted this picture on all of my social media platforms when I was just playing around with makeup, I had a lot of people asking how I did it so I thought I would share with you the products I used to get this.

To start off, I primed my eyes with concealer. I did my eyes first as I was going to be using dark and sparkly eyeshadows that could potentially give me a lot of fall out that would ruin my base if I had done that first.  I then went in with the shade 'Limit' from my Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette as a transition shade through my crease to make the blending process a lot easier.  I then used my Makeup Revolution 100 Eyeshadow Palette and took a matte hot pink (you could use blusher for this) and run it through the crease, blending as you go.  I built that colour up until it was as intense as I wanted it.  I then went in with a deep shimmery purple and packed that all over the lid, and then carried on building up the pink in the crease to blend the colours together.  I then packed on a frosty white in the inner corner, and then added some glitter eyeliner on top of that just for a little twist.  I then applied my essence long lasting liquid liner with quite a dramatic wing to lift my eyes and mimic Elsa's unique eyeshape.  I then applied the purple along my lower lash line and blended slightly with the shade 'Limit' from the Naked 3.  I then applied Benefit Roller Lash and some lashes from Home Bargains. The Ardell Demi Wispies would also look amazing with this look, something natural and fluttery is ideal.

Onto the face, I primed with the Benefit Porefessional to create a smooth canvas and then went in with the palest foundation I own which is the Nars Sheer Glow in the shade 'Siberia'.  Whilst this is not one of my favourites, it worked just fine for this look. I then took my Collection Lasting Perfection concealer under my eyes and on anything else I wanted to cover to create a really flawless look.  I then set that with my Essence All About Matte powder to create that matte porcelain look that Elsa appears to be sporting.  I didn't contour or bronze for this look as warming up the skin doesn't really fit with this whole look, I wanted it to be as cool and icy as possible to resemble Elsa's look.  I just used blush and highlight, and for this I chose a light pink from the Makeup Revolution Ultra Blush Palette in 'Hot Spice' and Mac Soft and Gentle.

Lastly for lips, I used the Essence Lipliner in the shade Honey Berry topped with the Nars Lipgloss in the shade Priscilla to create that hot pink lip that she has on throughout the film.

That concludes this little tutorial, it really is a simple look to do and it looks so good! It is perfect for fancy dress parties or you can chop and change this to create a beautiful purple and pink evening look! I hope you found this helpful and if you choose to recreate this look, be sure to send my photos so I can share them and give you a shoutout on all of my social media!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment