6/03/2015

May Favourites 2015




Wow, May has absolutely flown by! It has been a fairy stressful month so I am glad to see the back of it, I know June will be just as bad but only up until the 19th then I have freedom!!!!!!!!!  I honestly don't know what I'll do with myself when exams are done, I will have nothing horrific to fill my time with! I will be pretty lost, but that also means I will have so much more time for blogging! I actually have quite a few favourites this month, surprisingly, it is very skincare heavy!

I'll start off with skincare as there is the most to talk about here.  The first 3 products I was actually sent to review, but I have really loved them through this month.  I put up a review of the Sebamed products* here where I talked about how much I liked the toner and the care gel so I won't ramble on too much, but they are really amazing products that I will definitely be repurchasing in the future! They are fantastic for such an affordable price! The next is my Magnitone Lucid* as featured here.  I have noticed such an improvement in my skin since using this, it has been a lot smoother and a lot less dry/oily (yeah my skin is crazy).  It helps me to remove the remainder of my makeup so that I know that I am going to bed with a squeaky clean face which makes me a very happy blogger!  Lastly, is the Garnier Fresh Essentials Hydrating Day Cream.  I really didn't think I would get on with this, as I don'r get on with a lot of moisturisers due to my fussy face.  This is the only moisturiser I have ever used that doesn't break me out, controls oil, keep my skin flake free and ensures that my makeup applies and site perfectly.  I am so impressed with this product and I have almost used 1/3 and I have only had it about a fortnight!

Onto makeup, it won't come as a surprise to you that Benefit Roller Lash has been my mascara of choice this month.  I picked up the full size of this after trying the sample, and I think it is safe to say I have no regrets.  If you would like to read a full review, I have one here along with the world and its mother!  As you have probably read in some of my previous posts, I have been really into baked blushes and glowy cheeks in general, and my favourite this month has been the Elf Baked Blush in Peachy Cheeky.  It gives the perfect baby pink flush to the cheeks with a gold sheen running through it to give you a glow without being too glittery.  The pigmentation of this is in the middle which I personally like in a blush.  It makes application easy and I can be as heavy handed as my little heart desires and really build it up if I want a more dramatic look.  On a daily basis, I usually just go for a quick and minimal application so I don't look like I tried too hard! Lastly, I have the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer.  I bought this a while back and found it to be too dark, so it got shoved to the back of the drawer.  One day, I just randomly picked it up and I have strangely become using it as an eye primer! It works perfectly as an eye primer, it covers up any veins and discolouration and provides a surface for my shadows to stick to.  They now last all day without creasing which is almost unheard of for me as I have such oily eyelids.

I can only think of one random favourite this month and it has to be SnapChat.  I have had it for a while but never really gotten the hype over it, but this month I have been using it so much more and I usually post a story a day.  I love watching people's stories and I think it is a really fun way to keep up with what your friends are doing! If you would like to add me, my username is 'emilyfaye1998' and comment on this blogpost to let me know that you have added me and your username so I know who you all are!

That concludes this months favourites, I hope you have all had a brilliant month and I hope that next month is just as good!

Emily xx



No comments:

Post a Comment