3/20/2015

Kim Kardashian Tutorial - Simple Eyes and Red Lips | Collab!

Sorry there wasn't a post up Wednesday, I have had the flu all week and have been drowning in revision as I've had 2 exams! Enough excuses, today I am back with a very exciting collaboration with my friend Charleigh who blogs over at The Glossy Truth.  We were talking and decided we would love to collaborate to do a step by step guide of a celebrity makeup look.  After a lot of debating, Charleigh suggested Kim Kardashian as her makeup is always FLAWLESS!  After one hell of a lot of pinteresting and umming and ahhing over photos, I decided to go with this one as I feel it is something that I am probably more likely to wear and recreate on myself. I really love the simplicity of the look and the sophisticated element that the red lip gives the whole look.  Due to rubbish British weather, none of the pictures I took of this makeup on myself showed up at all and you couldn't really see what I had done, so today I will talk you through what I did and the products I used.

First off, I started with my base.  I used the Benefit Porefessional to provide an even canvas for my makeup to sit on, and then I used the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation with my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to ensure a flawless finish. The satin finish of this foundation is perfect for achieving the kind of base that Kim is wearing in this look. To recreate that famous Kardashian Contour and Highlight, I used the Garnier Anti-dark Circles Roller and the Makeup Revolution Blush Stick in Matte Malibu.  I find these blend really nicely to give me a sculpted, yet not overdone look.  I then lightly set my t-zone with my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder and set under my eyes with the Elf HD Under Eye Setting Powder to maintain the highlight that we have just created. To finish off the base, I skipped blush and just dusted my cheeks with the Makeup Revolution Baked Bronzer in Golden Days to enhance the bronzey glow that Kim has got going on in this picture, and then finished my dusting a small amount of theBalm Mary Lou Manizer on the tops of my cheek bones, down the bridge of my nose and across my cupids bow.  Then for eyebrows, I gave them a quick run through with a spoolie and then lightly filled in sparce areas with powder from the Elf Eyebrow Kit in Dark and then set them with the gel.
For eyes, I used my Mac Paint Pot in Bare Study as a base and then used a few warm browns from my Makeup Revolution Awesome 100 Eyeshadow Collection to define my crease and outer corner.  Then I created a very thin line and a slight wing with the Soap and Glory Supercat Eyeliner Pen for a bit of definition to the eye. To complete the eyes, I went in with a generous amount of the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara followed by some of the Tanya Burr Individual Lashes to create that fluttery, wispy look that Kim has gone for.
Last but not least, lips! The star of the show, the Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil in Light it Up was a must for this look, it is almost identical to the shade Kim is wearing and is my all time favourite red lip, as mentioned here.

I hope you enjoyed this post, and let me know if this is something you would like to see more of! Don't forget to follow Charleigh's blog, and check out her post which has also gone up today!
Which celebrities do you think have the best makeup?

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment