10/29/2014

My Last Minute Halloween Makeup Look - Suitable For Any Outfit!

Picture of me and my sister at the halloween party!

It's that time of year again! With halloween fast approaching, I know many of you are scrambling round trying to find a costume at the last minute.  If you are looking for a pretty universal, simple and quick makeup look you have come to the right place!

My Makeup Look:-
 I started off with the palest, full coverage foundation to give me that flawless, porcelain, doll like complexion.  I used my Mac Studio Fix Fluid in the shade NW10 for this. To give me a bit of an under eye highlight and down the bridge of my nose, I used my Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Roller in the shade fair and this helped to make my features look more sharp and defined.

 To contour, I used the grey shade from my Sleek Au Naturel Eyeshadow Palette (marked with a bat) so that my face was all cool toned and my features looked more prominent.  This helped to make me look a little bit more dead!  Onto eyes, I used only one shadow for the whole eye look! I took the dark matte purple from the same palette, and packed that all over my lid and then blended it through the crease with a fluffy brush.  I also blended it on my lower lash line and really smoked it out.  I then chose to do a dramatic winged liner using my Rimmel Glameyes Liquid Eye Liner and used my Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Liner on a definer brush to smoke out the wing and to also darken my waterline and tight line, which again was smoked out.  Then I went in with lashings of my SEVENTEEN Falsifeye HD Mascara to make my lashes really dramatic, and at the last minute, I decided to add some thick and glamourous falsies (not pictured).

To finish off the look, I lined my lips with the same pencil eye liner and blended it out, and then applied an Avon Lipstick in the shade Earthy Plum, which has unfortunately been discontinued, but there are many deep burgundy lipsticks around at the moment so it won't be too difficult to find something similar.

Seeing as my sister is in the picture, I will go through her look as well as it is so simple, there are only a few steps.  She went as a zombie cheerleader, but this is quite a generic dead look so would go with any outfit and is suitable for everyone.

My sister has quite tanned skin, so I applied the same foundation as I used because it made her look really white.  You could also use white face paint for this.  I then set it with a translucent powder to keep it in place and keep it as matte as possible.  I then took the black eyeshadow from my sleek palette, and messily packed that all around her eyes and then blended it out quite sloppily.  Zombie looks really don't have to be neat so anyone can do it! She wanted to apply some mascara, but you could easily go without for this look.  For the cut on her cheek, I just used some red lipstick and some black and purple eyeshadow and just played around with it until it looked how I wanted it.  For lips, she didn't want anything so I just put a little bit of foundation over them to make them look pale and lifeless!  It was so quick it literally took be about 5 minutes!

I hope you enjoyed this and it has helped some of you! If you recreate these looks or take inspiration, be sure to tweet me or instagram me a picture! All of my social media is linked in the social media page at the top of my blog!

Emily xx


No comments:

Post a Comment