10/01/2014

September Favourites 2014 ❤

We have come to the end of another month and believe it or not the end of summer!  I have had quite a busy month with going back to school and I haven't really had a chance to try out a whole load of new products.  Makeup-wise, I've worn barely any throughout the week and at weekends I have just worn something quite simple and I have stuck to the products that I know work for me and my skin.  I have managed to round up just a few products that I have been reaching for the most this month, some old favourites and some new!

As mentioned in my Skincare Routine Post, I have been using the Avon Clearskin Pore Penetrating Black Mineral Mask twice a week since I got it at the beginning of the month. Watching it go from black to white and cling to all the gunk in your pores is weirdly satisfying and the results are fabulous! I have noticed that my pores have shrunk, the amount of black heads on my t-zone are visibly minimised and my skin looks a lot clearer and healthier. You do have to really scrub to get it off but this acts as an exfoliant so saves me a step in my skincare routine throughout the week and makes my skin look and feel even better.  I paid £2 for this which is an absolute steal so I definitely recommend this to people who want to try the Origins one but don't feel like parting with £23!

The next product is my Ebay Makeup Brushes.  I have written a whole review on them here where I sing their praises, these are by far some of the best makeup brushes I have ever used.  They are amazing quality and the price is brilliant as well.  They blend everything so effortlessly and there is no malting at all, even when you wash them! I definitely recommend these if you are looking for some bargain brushes!

Onto makeup, the first product that really stood out to me this month is the Seventeen Falsifeye hd Mascara.  I heard Fleurdeforce raving about it in her August favourites and her lashes always look amazing so I had to go and get me some of this magical stuff! If you are looking for a drugstore dupe for They're Real, this is your best bet.  It lengthens, it separates, it volumises, its an all round brilliant product! The only thing I'm not a massive fan of is the fact that it smudges underneath my eyes but I get the same problem with all non-waterproof mascaras so I am willing to overlook that!

My next favourite has been my NYX Powder Blushes. I used the shade peach a lot at the beginning of the month and I have gradually been easing into Desert Rose because this is a lot more Autumn appropriate. The formula of these are perfect, they aren't too pigmented so that you have huge stripes across your cheeks, resembling some sort of warrior princess, but they aren't so sheer that they leave barely any colour on you cheeks and make you look dead.  They are just right!  They are only £6 each which is a bargain so get yourself down to your local next and give them a swatch.  Don't be fooled by the slightly cheap looking (in my opinion) packaging!

The last favourite is an oldie but a goodie! I was absolutely obsessed with my Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me last summer and somehow it got shoved in a drawer and forgot about until I went back to school. I was looking for something that I could throw on, would make me look a little bit healthier, keep my lips in good condition and look natural enough to wear to school and I suddenly remembered this!  I have used this every single day this month and it is just the perfect lip balm to throw on wherever you are and it will look fine, it makes you look a little more done up and like you tried a bit harder!

That is it for this month, hopefully next month will bring some more new and exciting products to try out!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment