10/24/2014

Rimmel 25 hour Lasting Finish Foundation | Review

This foundation has been very hyped up recently so I was desperate to put this to the test!  This foundation has 2 formulas, there is the nude version which is light-medium coverage (the one with the white lid) and a full coverage version which is the one I opted for.  Everywhere I looked, the lightest shade they had was ivory, so I stupidly bought it and it is way too dark for me! I have been mixing it with my mac studio fix to make it lighter which is perfect and in the summer months when I'm a bit more tanned, it should match me perfectly!

The consistency of this foundation is quite thick and almost gel like which is rather odd but I quite like it.  It contains a comfort serum which makes it glide onto the skin and feel light all day long.  The coverage that this foundation offers is phenomenal! I haven't worn concealer ever since I got it, just a small bit of anti-dark circle roller under my eyes for a subtle highlight.  It dries to a semi-matte finish, I always powder my foundation but you could easily go without if you don't have ridiculously oily skin like me.  The lasting power is about the same as my Mac Studio Fix, if not longer.  I don't feel the need to powder through the day and it looks pretty much the same as I applied it at about 3:00 which is almost unheard of for me because by that time, most other foundations would have literally fallen off my face and I'd be left with an oily, cakey mess.  I think this foundation is easily comparable to the Mac Studio Fix Fluid, the only difference being £15.52 in price!

Overall, I think this is an amazing product and I would recommend this to anyone, regardless of skin type! You can find it here for the measly price of £7.99!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment