4/06/2015

Bank Holiday Drugstore Haul

I decided that now was the time to freshen up my makeup bag a bit for spring and change things up a bit. Throughout the seasons, I tend to get stuck in a rut, using the same products all the time so I thought the change in seasons called for a change in the products I was using.  I only bought things from the drugstore as I wanted to try out some new releases and I am not up for splashing too much cash at the moment as I am saving for a car and driving lessons.

Barry M Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit // As soon as this came out, I knew I needed to try it! Pretty much like every other makeup lover, I have been lusting after the much hyped up Anastasia Contour Kit.  Unfortunately, I am not really in a position to splash £45 on a contour kit so I jumped at the chance to try something a little more affordable.  I am still in the process of trialling this so I will report back, hopefully with a full review and swatches within the next couple of weeks.

MUA Sweet Sheen Lip Tint // One of MUA's latest releases, these balms have a similar concept to the Maybelline Baby Lips in which they are pretty much a tinted lip balm.  I have the shades Coral Reef and French Violet and I will be featuring these, along with the next product in a whole post dedicated to MUA'a Spring Releases with a Full Review and Swatches.

MUA Luxe Whipped Velvet Blush in Rococo // Again, a Spring Release from MUA, this blush is slightly odd.  It is almost like a mousse that blends to a powder.  I have to say, I'm not overly impressed with this product but all will be revealed in a future post.

Seventeen Mirror Shine Lipstick in Beehive //  This is a much loved blogger favourite, and after seeing Lily Melrose use it in a tutorial last week, it was definitely on m to buy list.  It is a pretty sheer, peachy pink nude, perfect for daytime.  The packaging is rather interesting as well, the little pop out mirror is very handy!

Essence Long Lasting Lipstick // After hearing essie button rave about the shade Coral Calling in her March Favourites, I decided I would pick up a few of these lipsticks.  For £2.30 each, you can't really go wrong! I bought three shades, Coral Calling, Love Me and Natural Beauty. I haven't really tried them out properly yet, but if I like them I will review them and show some swatches of as many shades as I can get my hands on!

Essence Lip Liner in Honey Berry // I already have one essence lip liner which I love, so I thought I would try out another shade. This is a beautiful plummy/berry shade which will be perfect in the autumn! I will definitely be purchasing more of these in the future.

Essence Eyeshadow in 'The Grammy gone Glammy' // This champagney shade caught my eye and looked like the perfect every day colour so I thought I would try it for £1.60! I haven't tried this yet but I will report back!

That is it for my drugstore haul, I hope you enjoyed and I will be back soon to talk about these products in further detail!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment