5/02/2014

April Favourites! ❤

Where the hell did April go?! I haven't been blogging as much recently because I have my GCSE's in about a week or so, so I have been working hard revising and I have had a lot of work to catch up on because I missed a lot of time before easter when I was ill! There should be at least one post up a week for the next month or so and hopefully I will be able to return to daily blogging very soon!! Enough of the rambling, time to show you what I have been loving this month!!


For makeup, I have been trying a lot of new things for Spring this month and I have found myself reaching for these products one hell of a lot!

The first products are the Barry M Gelly Polishes.  I have the shades papaya, rose hip, dragon and pomegranate.  These are definitely worth the hype! They have amazing lasting power, great formula, they are easy to apply and they have such a nice, shiny, gel-like finish and they look stunning! These are by far my most used nail polishes at the moment and I'm definitely going to get some more of the brighter summery colours soon.  They are super affordable at £3.99 each and they are also on 3 for 2 in Boots and Superdrug!
The next thing is the Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara.  This is a mascara that I have been wanting to try for ages and never bought but I finally got around to buying it and I'm so glad I did! I was quite skeptical because I have never seen a mascara that makes your lashes grow and I didn't think it would work, but how wrong was I! I have noticed a huge difference in my lashes, they are definitely longer and thicker and seem to be much healthier and they don't fall out as much as they used to! It gives your lashes the perfect balance of volume and length and you can build it up to make it look more dramatic.  The only downside is that it smudges under my eyes so I only use it on my top lashes and stick to my Clinique bottom lash mascara for the bottom.
The next thing is Benefit High Beam Highlighter.  I have had this for ages and never really used it until Spring came along and I decided to try it as I was after a dewy glow and was keen to use a cream/liquid product rather than a powder.  This gives me a very natural glow without being too shiny or glittery and I am really impressed with it.  I find the best way to apply it is with fingers as I find the brush puts way too much product on! It blends in really easily and I think it is almost as good as Mac's Soft and Gentle which I swear by.
I actually thought I was going to hate the Daniel Sandler Watercolour Fluid Blusher but I was pleasantly surprised.  It is really easy to apply with the Mac 187 stippling brush and looks surprisingly natural.  I have the shade cherub which is like a baby pink sort of colour with a small amount of shimmer running through it.  They are a stain so they stay in place all day and blend really well.  They are really easy to wear which surprised me as they are so pigmented but I think this is definitely something I would repurchase and I am keen to try some more colours!
My new favourite lipstick is Mac's Peach Blossom. I have worn this everyday since I got it right at the beginning of the month and this is the most perfect nude for me.  It's a creme sheen formula so it has good pigmentation and is very glossy.  This lipstick is perfect for all year round and I think I will definitely be repurchasing as it is definitely a holy grail product for me!


For skincare, I have really been loving the Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean Cleanser.  It smells amazing and it really gets all the dirt and makeup out of my pores and makes my skin feel so fresh and clean.  It's not stripping and doesn't make my skin feel dry or tight which is definitely what I look for in a cleanser!
I have also been loving the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water.  It is amazing at removing my makeup and is so gentle on my skin and especially my eyes.  I would definitely choose this over makeup wipes and I think I will definitely be repurchasing this over and over again!


For tools, I have been absolutely in love with the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge.  I have a whole post on it here and it's my new holy grail beauty tool!
I have also been loving the eyeko lash curlers.  I have never really got on with eyelash curlers, until I found these and now I will never leave the house without curling my eyelashes! They curl them without crimping them and make me look much more wide-eyed and awake!



For TV, it has definitely got to be once upon a time! I can't believe I haven't discovered this before and I'm addicted, I have watched both seasons (22 40min episodes long) within a week and a half! If you haven't watched this before, its on love film and I seriously recommend it!

For music, I have been loving blinkbox.  It's an app that allows you to listen to your favourite music  and you can create your own radio stations! It is run by Tesco and is available for free on the app store.

For YouTube, I have been constantly watching Georgia Marie.  She is such a nice girl and her videos are amazing! Definitely check her out and subscribe! I have also been watching itsjudyslife.  Her daily vlogs are so sweet and she has such a lovely family, definitely check her out and subscribe!!

I had one hell of a lot of favourites this month!!

What have you been loving throughout April?

If you have any questions, be sure to leave a comment or tweet me and be sure to follow me on Instagram and like my Facebook Page!

Emily xx


No comments:

Post a Comment