12/19/2015

Makeup Geek Haul



Peach Smoothie, Creme Brûlée, Cocoa Bear, Cosmopolitan and Prom Night

I have been waiting for soooooo long to get my hands on some Makeup Geek Shadows! Last month, Makeup Geek finally launched on Beauty Bay and they all sold out before I had a chance to get my hands on them! After a few weeks of patiently waiting and constant checking, they finally came back in stock so I ordered them straight away.  The first thing I ordered was a Large Hot Pink Z-Palette to keep them in. This a fairly good sized palette and it feels pretty sturdy so it would be good for travelling. The fact that this is so big is slightly dangerous for my bank account, I have so much space that I am dying to fill!

The first shade I picked up was the shade 'Peach Smoothie' which is probably one of the most hyped up shade and is considered a staple for may makeup artists who've used this. It's such a unique colour, I'd describe it as a matte peachy flesh toned eyeshadow. I use this as a transition shade for almost every eye look and it helps my eyeshadows to look seamlessly blended and adds a slight warmth to the look. I would definitely consider this a must-have shade as I use it with every single eyeshadow look I do, whether it be very minimal or very dramatic.

The next shade I got was 'Creme Brûlée' which is a matte mid-toned brown. It is perfect for adding subtle depth to the crease but can also be built up to create quite a defined look. I also think this would be a good shade for contouring the face also, as it isn't too warm and is the perfect shade to add depth to pale skin without looking too much. I also use this shade with a lot of looks, its perfect for using with any eye look, especially as a transition shade and for mapping out the crease if I'm going dark and dramatic.

The next one I opted for was 'Cocoa Bear' which is also a very popular shade amongst those who have tried Makeup Geek eyeshadows. It is a beautiful warm brown, it is quite red/orange when blended out and works perfectly with warm eye looks that incorporate golds and coppers. I really love doing an all matte warm eye with this, and it looks beautiful smoked out on my lower lash line. Another must-have shade!

Onto shimmers, the first one that I chose was 'Cosmopolitan'. This is a very unique melon shade with hints of copper with golden duo chrome, and it is unlike anything that I own or have ever seen before! This paired with the three matte shades is the perfect eye for all year round. It looks beautiful paired with a coral or nude lip in the Spring and Summer and also looks amazing paired with a dark brown or burgundy in the Autumn and Winter. It is a very beautiful shade that I think would suit almost all skin tones.

Lastly, I chose 'Prom Night' which is completely different to anything I own. Some people have compared it to 'Satin Taupe' by Mac which I don't know, but it gives you some idea of the shade if you're familiar with Mac eyeshadows. It's a cool toned taupe with a hint of purple and silver, it's very unique and I'm struggling to accurately describe it! It can be used just blended on the lid alone for a subtle day time look or can be used with dark greys and blacks to create a beautiful taupe smokey eye. I think I may do a New Years Eve Look with that shade, hopefully I can make a blogpost on it for you!

Overall, the formula of these are just stunning! I'd choose them over all of my high end shadows any day, the matte ones are so buttery and pigmented and just blend like a dream. I don't get any patchiness at all, and very little product is required to achieve the perfect intensity of colour.  The shimmers/duochromes are also very pigmented and almost look glossy and wet on the eyes, they're just stunning! I don't find that I get any fall out either so I am extremely impressed with these.

You can purchase all of these from BeautyBay.com (linked throughout the post) each retailing for £4.95 and the Z-palette is priced at £15.95. If you have any Makeup Geek eyeshadows, then let me know your favourites so I can add them to my list!

Emily xx


No comments:

Post a Comment