12/24/2015

Classic Christmas Day Makeup

Merry Chrismas Eve! You may have seen this photo on my Instagram earlier this morning and lots of people seemed to like it so I thought I would write a post on how I did it and which products I used for anybody who is still struggling with ideas for their makeup for tomorrow. This is quite a dramatic look with the glitter, cut crease, lashes and a bold lip but it can be chopped and changed to tone it down to suit your preferences. It is primarily drugstore with just a few high end bits thrown in which really aren't absolutely necessary for this look, but they're my absolute favourite products!

E Y E S

I did my eyes first just in case there was fall out and I ruined my foundation. I firstly started with Makeup Geek Peach Smoothie on a Sigma E40 in my upper crease to ensure that everything blends seamlessly and it also roughly maps out where I'm going to put the cut crease. I then went in with Makeup Geek Creme Brûlée right in the crease with a Sigma E35 to build up the definition. I built this up a fair amount before going in with Makeup Geek Cocoa Bear on a Sigma E30 pencil brush right into the crease and winging it out slightly on the end and keep building until the line is as sharp as you want it to be. I then went in with a Sigma E25 Blending brush and blended upwards so it faded out gradually. I then darkened up the outer portion more with a mix of 'Triple Fudge' and 'Semi-Sweet' from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. Then I took the Elf Long-Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in Toast all over the lid, being sure to only focus on the lid and not going into the crease. I then softened the edges a tiny bit to make everything look more polished before going in with the Collection Glam Crystals Dazzling Eyeliner in Funk all over the Elf Shadow. Be sure to keep your eyes shut for a while after applying this until it dries, otherwise it'll transfer up into the crease. I then created a fairly dramatic wing with my holy grail liquid liner which is Rimmel Glameyes Liquid Eyeliner. I also then smoked out some cocoa bear on my lower lash line and applied some black kohl liner. To finish the eyes, I applied the L'oreal Telescopic Mascara and stuck on some Ardell Demi Wispies.

F A C E

Firstly, I primed with Benefit Porefessional and then went in with my current favourite foundation which is Nars Sheer Glow which I've got in the shade 'Siberia' and I buffed that in with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. I then used my new favourite concealer which is the NYX HD Concealer under my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, on my cupids bow and the centre of my chin. I then baked my concealer with the Collection Sheer Loose Powder and set the rest of my face with the Rommel Stay Matte. For contouring, I used the darkest shade in the Barry M Contour Kit and then added a flush to the cheeks with the Sleek Blush in Rose Gold. To finish off the face, I used quite a generous amount of my all time favourite highlighter, theBalm Mary Lou Manizer on my cheeks, down my nose, on my cupids bow, in the centre of my chin and in the inner corners of my eyes.

L I P S

Last for my lips, I went for a bright red! I lined my lips with the Illamaqua lip pencil in Strumpet and then used the Maybelline Color Drama Velvet lip pencil in Light it Up. Alternatively, you could use a nude if you don't want to look too overdone, or you could wear any lipstick so that you could wear this look all year round! I think this would look amazing with a dark purple lip for New Years Eve too if you wanted to take inspiration from it!

I hope this was useful for those of you who needed inspiration, and if you recreate this look then do send me a photo, all of my social media is linked in the tab at the top of my blog. I will be doing a different look tomorrow which is also suited to New Years Eve so I will post about that next week! Wishing you all a Merry Christmas, I hope you have a lovely day with friends and family and get everything you want! Let me know what your plans are, I'd love to know what you're all getting up to!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment