9/16/2015

Belated August Favourites and Un-Favourites




Ok so I may be a little late with this post, but better late than never ey? I'm doing something slightly different this month, I thought that I would give you the best and the worst of this month as I have found some real gems, and some real disappointments.

Unfavourites

I'm going to start with the rubbish things so that I can end on a positive note, that way I save the best until last!  The first thing that disappointed me was the Highlight shade in the Maybelline Master Sculpt Contouring Kit.  This product isn't all bad as you will see in a while, but I was quite disappoited with the highlight and don't use it any more. It is pretty much just matte cream, with tiny glitters running through it which has little to no pigmentation and doesn't even show up on my cheeks.  It works ok as an eyeshadow but seeing as that's not its intention, I was slightly disappointed.  I also was a bit disappointed with the Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof Mascara, it wasn't the same sort of formula to the original Lash sensational and it isn't as waterproof as I had hoped.  Within a few hours it had smudged everywhere, and the slightest bit of water saw it running down my face.  I also didn't like the Rimmel London Lasting Finish Concealer.  I love Benefit Boi-ing and I thought this would be similar, but this is a lot more greasy in texture and it sits on my skin strangely and doesnt really blend in.  Even when I buff it, it just sits there and loses coverage.  Lastly, I didn't get on with the Makeup Revolution Focus & Fix Eye Primer as it didn't make my eyeshadows last at all and they just creased within a few hours! If anything, it was worse than having no primer at all so there was absolutely no benefit whatsoever!

Favourites

Now onto the good things! The first thing is undoubtedly my Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette, I have used this bad boy every single day since I got it and it is fast becoming a holy grail addition to my collection.  The shade range in this palette is amazing, it provides me with everything I need and the quality of these shadows are phenomonal.  I have a full post on it here if you're interested and I will soon have a look book up using this palette so keep an eye out for that.  Next is the Makeup Revolution Radiance Palette which I didn't really have high hopes for but I've been pleasantly surprised.  The powders give a beautiful dewy finish to the skin, without looking sparkly or powdery. It really does give you that lit from within look and is a fabulous alternative to the much coveted Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. Even though half of the Maybelline Master Sculpt was in my unfavourites category, the other half definitely makes up for it.  The contour side works like a dream for my snow white skin, it is easily blendable and not hugely pigmented so it is fairly difficult to go overboard which I find makes application so easy.  The shade is fairly neutral, not to cool and not too warm which makes it a brilliant contour.  I think this kit is worth the money just for the contour shade because it is still a bargain! Next I have some new favourite lashes, the Eylure Lengthening 035 Lashes are the perfect lash for every day wear, or wearing out with a dramatic eye look! They are so versatile and I have gotten so much use out of them, and Eylure always have good quality lashes that are durable and last well. Last but not least, we have my favourite lipstick of the month which is the newest addition to my Mac Lipstick Collection.  The shade Hug Me is definitely a Kylie Jenner colour, but it is a sheer and glossy version for those of you who prefer a more subtle lip colour.  This is my perfect autumn/winter nude which can be worn in so many ways with so many different looks.  It is a lustre finish so what it lacks in pigment (though this is one of the most pigmented lustre lipsticks I have) it makes up for in moisture and glossiness.  Overall, a fabulous round up of products this month!

If you prefer this type of post to a regular favourites post, then let me know as I found this more interesting to create that your average favourites post! The things I hate are just as important to share as the ones I hate! 

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment