8/05/2015

High End Haul









 Left to Right: Gilded Ganache, White Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Black Forest Truffle, Triple Fudge.
 Left to Right: Salted Caramel, Marzipan, Semi Sweet, Strawberry Bon Bon, Candied Violet, Amaretto.
Hazelnut, Créme Brulee, Haute Chocolate, Cherry Cordial, Champagne Truffle

I think we all have those moments when we are looking at obscenely expensive products and just say 'what the hell' and purchase it without even thinking about it, don't we? Well I had one of those moments on Saturday when shopping in Plymouth. I bought so much stuff that I have to split my hauls into 5 parts.... yes you read that right, 5 parts! This is the smallest out of all of them, so if you like hauls then you are certainly in for a treat over the next 2 weeks!

The first product I actually planned to get....well kind of. I went into MAC with the intention of Velvet Teddy, and as per usual it was sold out! I couldn't bear to leave without it so I bought a lipstick that is sort of similar in the shade 'Hug Me' which is a lustre finish. As you can tell from the swatch above, it is a kind of sheer browny nude, with a subtle hint of pink. I think it really is a beautiful lipstick and I've found myself reaching for it a lot since I purchased it.  I will be posting a full review on this in the future so keep an eye out for that if you are interested.

Lastly I bought the much coveted Chocolate Bar Palette from Too Faced.  I hadn't ever tried anything from Too Faced, I think the prices put me off a bit because they are extortionate but I had heard a lot of hype around the brand so I have been intrigued about their products for a while.  My only issue was deciding which product I wanted to get as an introduction to the brand, seeing as pretty much all of their products have been very popular.  When I was in Debenhams and browsing the Too Faced stand, the smell of this palette alone sold me! Then I swatched the shadows and immediately realised that this had to come home with me!  They are seriously the most gorgeous eyeshadows I own, dare I say it better than my Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette.  They are so buttery and soft and the pigmentation is phenomonal! Surprisingly, I have had very little fall out with these which I was almost convinced would be an issue due to their crumbly texture. They go on and blend like a dream and the shade range provides you with everything you could ever need! I will be doing a thorough review on this and going into detail about each shade, as well as putting together a few looks for you seeing as my last tutorial was such a hit.

That was all of the high end products that I purchased, not as much as I could have done but there were so many drugstore products that I wanted that I realised I could get a lot more bang for my buck! Come back Friday for my next instalment of my haul series, where I will be sharing the bits that I picked up from Makeup Revolution!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment