5/25/2015

Sebamed Clear Skin Range* | Review


I got sent the Sebamed clear skin regime* from the Bloggers Hub Twitter party about a month ago, and the company contacted me, advising me to use the products for 4 weeks before I wrote a review.  The regime consists of a cleansing bar, a deep cleansing toner, and a clear face gel which act as a moisturiser.  The whole regime aims to balance the pH of the skin to help prevent acne, which means the oils in your skin will be neutral.

The Sebamed Clear Face Cleansing Bar* is a rather odd concept.  It is literally like a bar of soap for yourself which I found rather odd to be quite honest.  You just lather it up in your hands how you would a soap and then massage it in to your skin and rinse off.  These made my face feel squeaky clean, however I didn’t notice any makeup that may have been left off being taken off by this like I do with other cleansers. Due to this and me being paranoid about leaving my makeup on, I now cleanse with my magnitone lucid and then go in with this so that I know my face is definitely clean. I found these to be a little bit drying initially, but when you have used the other products, it’s absolutely fine.  I found these to be a bit messy and not really travel friendly for someone who travels a lot so if this doesn’t worry you then it is definitely something to try if you have oily and acne prone skin.

The Seabed Clear Face Deep Cleansing Facial Toner* really is deep cleansing! It stings a little bit, which I like because then I know that it is really doing something! It is quite strong in smell, and appears to be quite chemically so I’m not sure if it is really healthy for your skin, but it certainly helps to clear blemishes.  I think I would probably pick this toner over my lush tea tree water which I never thought I would say! It feels so refreshing and takes off any residual dirt with just one swipe.  It isn’t as drying as I thought it would be which is a bonus and my face feels a lot plumper after using it. Definitely a winner for me and something I will be repurchasing!

The Sebamed Clear Face Care Gel* pretty much does what it says on the tin.  It is an oil-free gel moisturiser with acne fighting properties, perfect for oily and acne-prone skin like the rest of the range. I find it to be very hydrating and not greasy in the slightest.  It is a very cold and refreshing gel that sinks in to the skin very quickly, a little bit goes a long way!  Makeup goes on so much more nicely once I have used this and I really like the way that it makes my skin feel.  This is again something I would repurchase as finding a good moisturiser is something that I really struggle with due to my awkward skin.

Overall, my skin has been a lot clearer and smoother since using this regime.  Any blemishes are cleared very quickly and it has definitely prevented anything else forming which is ideal when you are under as much stress as I am!  I think my magnitone really stole the show this month which is probably why I’m not quite as fond of the cleansing bars, but the other two products will definitely be repurchased in the future I’m sure.  The tiny sample sizes of this product have lasted me the whole 4 weeks so they are definitely worth it, and I think Sebamed are a brand that deserve a lot more recognition! Their products are very cheap and amazing quality! The whole range altogether costs around £10 for all full size products!

Have you heard of/tried these before? Let me know if you decide to try them!


Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment