5/20/2015

Little Beauty Haul










You know me, I just cannot control myself when I go shopping and more often than not, I leave with a few bits and pieces.  I certainly don't need them, but I somehow convince myself that I do because 'I can do a blog post on it at some point'.  Most of the products I buy do not ever get a mention on here so really I will use any excuse to buy more stuff.  Anyways, I have a few bits and pieces that have been building up recently that I thought I would share with you and get your thoughts on!

The first product is actually something I won from Alexandra at Glam O'Clock.  I received the Makeup Revolution I <3 Makeup Go! Palette in the post on Saturday, and I have to say that I am really impressed so far! This palette comes with 6 eyeshadows (all naked 3 dupes by the way) plus a bronzer, a blush and a highlight which I also believe are dupes of one of the naked flushed palettes, but more on that when I do a full review of this when I've given everything a good go.  On first impressions, the texture and pigmentation of these powders are amazing! I generally find fault with most powder products from the drugstore, so I was pleasantly surprised with these and I have been using the face products ever since I got it.  I will be trying the eyeshadows out very soon so watch this space!

Next, I made a little splurge last weekend.  If you read 'The Sunday Edit #51', you will have seen that I wrote about how down I was feeling and I just didn't really feel myself with all of the stress that I am going through, so what better way of cheering myself up by spending an obscene amount of money on one product! I raved about the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara when I first tried the sample size a few months ago, and as the sample was coming to an end and my Maybelline Lash Sensational was on its last legs, I panicked.  Desperate times call for desperate measures! I did have a voucher though so I didn't pay full price so I suppose that makes it ok........oh well, I have a full review of this product already up here if you would like to know more about it, though I expect you are all sick to death of hearing about it now!

Next I picked up a few little bits from Asda last night (well Monday depending on when this goes up)   because late night shopping is my weakness. I was tired after sitting a 2 hour english paper and really didn't even think about what I was doing, just grabbing things that caught my eye! The first thing I picked up completely randomly was the Garnier Fresh Essentials Hydrating Day Cream for normal/combination skin.  I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk about this before, and I thought it looked good for only £3. I've used it twice since I got it and it does seem very hydrating which makes my makeup sit a lot nicer, so far so good!
Next I picked up the Rimmel London Exaggerate Lip Liner in Easton Snob. I've heard the world and it's mother talking about the fact that this is a dupe for Charlotte Tilbury's Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk and has been on my wishlist for a while so I thought it was about time I gave it a go.  As you can see from the swatch, its a deep, muted, rose pink which is slightly kylie jenner-esque.  The formulation is smooth and creamy and it seems to be fairly long lasting from what I have seen so far.  Definitely a staple lip product for me as I love a good pink lip!
Lastly, I picked up the Collection Eyes Uncovered Palette in Nude as I had seen so man talking about these and it seemed the perfect little palette for travelling.  These shadows are very pigmented and very smooth and buttery and easy to blend so they are perfect for all kinds of looks.  Full review coming soon!

Keep an eye out for some more in depth posts on these products! Which are your favourites from this haul?/what are your thoughts?

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment