9/12/2014

The Princess Tag 💝


This tag has been floating around the internet for a while and I get a lot of questions about high-end products and whether they are worth the money, so in this tag, I have compiled a little list of all the products I recommend splurging on! I tag you all to do this tag, all you have to do is name a princess product from each category!

Foundation // Obviously I would have to choose my Mac Studio Fix Fluid Foundation as it is my only high end foundation, and also my favourite! I don't like to spend too much on foundations unless I can test them for a while before hand because me and my skin are very picky as to what foundations we like!  I find it hard to find foundations that I like, as well as them agreeing with my skin and not breaking me out, and this one definitely ticks all the boxes.  The finish is perfect, the coverage is perfect, the formula is perfect, it is just perfect! I have raved about this enough so I will move on....

Concealer // I really like my Mac Pro Longwear Concealer, its just a shame that it is too dark for me. The coverage is phenomenal, the formula is really creamy and long lasting and it is an all round amazing concealer.  The only thing I hate is the pump because it pumps way too much product out but I am willing to overlook that because the product itself is really good.

Powder // I don't actually own a high end powder but I am looking into Benefit's Porefessional Powder, so I'll keep you posted...

Blush // I had to pick the Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blush in the shade cherub. This is my all time favourite blush and I would definitely repurchase it as I think it is good value for money because you need the tiniest amount and they last so long! Click Here to see a full review of this product and swatches!

Bronzer // My all time favourite bronzer is Nars Laguna Bronzing Powder.  It is the perfect shade for my ghostly skin and I can get away with wearing it all year round without looking orange, muddy or just ridiculous! I am on the hunt of a drugstore dupe because I am living in constant fear of hitting pan and I think parting with £27 for a bronzer (as amazing as it is) is ridiculous, so if you know of any cheaper dupes, let me know!

Highlight // I found this difficult because I have been using Benefit High Beam so much recently and I am in love with it but I couldn't betray my bae (cringe) Mac Soft and Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish. This is so worth the money, I have used this constantly since the beginning of December 2013 and it is still showing no signs of wear.  You need the smallest amount to achieve a subtle, non-glittery glow and it can also be used as eyeshadow, which I do a lot on lazy days or when I'm in a rush, just to save time!

Eyeshadow // There is no doubt about it, I have to say the Urban Decay Naked 3.  I love rosy toned eyeshadows so this was so up my street! The colours are stunning with a huge range to create so many different looks and the quality of the shadows, besides the fallout, are on point.  This is the perfect palette and I definitely recommend it, however, there are a lot of cheaper alternatives from the likes of Makeup Revolution if you don't fancy kissing goodbye to £37.

Mascara // It had to be Benefit They're Real I have gone through multiple minis of this mascara and a full size and it is definitely the best I have used!  Their are a lot of drugstore mascaras that are similar and do similar things but I do think this is amazing.  The only thing I would say, is that the tubes don't last very long before they dry out so once you start using it, you have to use it every single day until it gets dry to get your moneys worth.

Lips // This was the hardest category because I have quite a few high end lip products that I am in love with so I am going to cheat a little bit on this one and mention a few of my favourites.  If you have been around these parts for a while, then you will know of my unconditional love for Mac Lipsticks (apart from the shade 'snob' which I loathe) with my all time favourites being Peach Blossom and Plumful. The formulas are great, the shade range is amazing, in my opinion they have too much choice and the packaging is just so classic and sophisticated.  However, I'm a little bit miffed at the fact that the prices just keep creeping up, making them a very rare treat! If you have read my previous haul and favourites posts, then you will be aware of my new found love for the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in the shade 'boy'.  It is the perfect nude for me, has an amazing formula and is so easy to wear, I love it.  The packaging is gorgeous and I feel all mature and sophisticated when I casually whip out my Chanel lippie for touch ups, the small things! If we are talking glosses, then my all time favourite gloss is Nars Turkish Delight as it is so easy to just throw on and can go over any lipstick and look amazing.

I tag you all to do this tag, leave your links below!

Emily xx




No comments:

Post a Comment